First off, a very happy new year to our readers. The timing cannot be better than this, for a fresh start to the year with one of the biggest events in the Electronics industry. The CES 2015! This isn’t a mobile-focused event, and you get to see electronics from TVs to robotic cleaners, and for a positive start, smartphone manufacturers as well are expected to make some important announcement and unveil some devices.
We are at the event, with our EIC Amit Bhawani covering the CES 2015, and will be bringing to you the hands-on experience with the devices showcased at the event, while also letting you know what the companies have in plans for the coming months ahead.
What is expected at CES 2015
- Samsung is expected to showcase the Snapdragon 810-powered Galaxy Note 4, and the Galaxy A7 also could be showcased. If we aren’t wrong, a new smartwatch can make its entry at the Samsung booth.
- ZTE is holding a press event, and are expected to announce a smartphone.
- Lenovo is launching a Snapdragon 410 based LTE smartphone, with some aggressive pricing.
- HTC is going to launch a new Desire series smartphone, and the company was earlier rumored to be coming up with the One M8 successor, but that is unlikely now.
- Vaio is going to mark its entry into the smartphone arena, with a launch at the CES 2015.
- Sharp Electronics corporation is said to be holding a press conference, which is focused at mobiles, thus it is expected to come up with a new device at the beginning of the year.
Apart from these, obviously the companies will be showcasing smartphones and tablets that were recently announced or launched, and the ones which we haven’t got hold of, we’ll be sharing our hands-on with our readers, right from the CES 2015 arena.
What we’ve known so far
- Alcatel Pixi 3 with options of Windows Phone, Android and Chrome OS to be showcased at CES 2015.
What is official at CES 2015
The smartphone with 5.5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 810 SoC, Advanced self healing technology and Android 5.0 Lollipop is officially announced at the CES. Check out our LG G Flex 2 hands-on.
Lenovo announced two new smartphones at the event – 1. the Vibe X2 Pro with a camera combination of 13MP back and front cameras, and a cool Vibe Xtension selfie flash accessory for brightening the selfies, 2. Lenovo P90 with an Intel Atom processor, 5.5-inch 1080p display and a 4000 mAh battery.
The cheap 4G smartphone with the 64-bit Mediatek chipset was announced at the CES and it is to be showcased at the booths. Priced at $155, this is expected to be available from February.
ASUS has announced two beautiful devices at the CES 2015. The ZenFone 2 with Intel Atom 64-bit processor, a 5.5-inch display and options based on storage and RAM (from 2GB/16GB to 4GB/64GB). The other one is the ZenFone Zoom, a camera-centric smartphone with a 13MP camera having 3x optical zoom and still packing it in under 12mm, for just $399.
Though this might be a Asia-pacific limited device, the Desire 826 from HTC is coming with the Snapdragon 610 processor and an front-facing UltraPixel camera. This surely is going to be another crazy year for selfies, and after the Vibe X2 Pro, this is one with a classy front facing shooter.
This is a huge phablet, but with not so great specs. Just a simple upgrade to the Grand X Max, the 6-inch phablet has Snapdragon 400, Android 4.4 KitKat and 4G LTE connectivity, all for $199.99.
Kodak, in partnership with Bullitt Group, has just announced the IM5 smartphone with a 13MP rear shooter and some image management solution to edit, share and print. Priced at $249, this device is going to be launched globally.
Lenovo has announced the 4G LTE smartphone powered by Snapdragon 410, the Lenovo A6000. This is the device showcased at the CES 2015, and it is going to launch in India exclusively on Flipkart.
This is a device one would dream of, with some brilliant specs and features. The phone comes from a brand that is known not for timely launches and having issues with certification from carriers for the launch, but if the V2 gets released somehow, this would be a killer one.
Polaroid Smartphones – Flip, Selfie and Snap.
Want to get regular updates about the CES? hit the subscribe button on the right, and follow us on the social networks where every launch will be reaching fist. Visit this page every day to keep a tab on the latest developments, summarized here.