Here is the latest PhoneRadar weekly wrap up with all the latest happenings around the smartphones and mobile technology. We have seen a few flagship launches in the last seven days, and couple more will be launching in the coming week. Since most of the major manufacturers unveiled their latest flagship devices, the leaks are now revealing the information about their next big launches. In case if you are interested to know more about the upcoming launches, check out our list of upcoming smartphones expected to launch in the month of July 2017.
Let’s take a look at the news from this week:
- While Motorola India is teasing the launch of Moto E4 Plus with a 5,000mAh battery, the Moto E4 is now available via offline channels for Rs. 8,999. While the newly announced Moto C replaced the Moto E as the most affordable series, the new Moto E4 devices are upgraded to a metal built body. The Moto E4 sports a 5-inch HD IPS display with a 2.5D curved glass protection on top. It packs MediaTek MT6737 quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz and comes coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The device supports dual SIM dual standby and runs on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. It sports an 8MP camera on the rear with f/2.2 aperture and a 5MP front camera with the same f/2.2 aperture. Both the cameras come assisted with a LED flash. The nano coating on the device makes it water repellent which can at least withstand against the water spills. With all these specifications, the Mot E4 is kept powered on by a 2,800mAh battery and supports Turbocharge technology. In the next few days, the company will also launch the Moto E4 Plus in the India market and is expected to be sold via online stores.
- Samsung unveiled the ISOCELL dual camera sensor at the MWCS 2017. Based on the leaks, the company will be launching the Galaxy Note 8 equipped with the dual-lens camera on the rear. While there is no official confirmation, we can expect the newly unveiled sensor on the company upcoming flagship device. Before to that, the company is rumored to launch the Galaxy C10 as its first dual camera smartphone. Talking about the Galaxy Note 8, the company might launch this new device in September, and it will also be the most expensive Galaxy smartphone ever launched. It might feature a 6.3-inch Infinity display as seen on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus offering 18.5:9 aspect ratio. Both the sensors on the rear will have independent OIS for stabilized video recording. Under the hood, we will be seeing the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC or the in-house Exynos 8895 SoC. The leaks also suggest the device to offer 6GB of RAM and 3,300mAh battery. As seen on the Galaxy Note 7, the upcoming device will also be IP68 certified making it water and dust resistant.
- While the Honor 9 was launched in the international markets, the company is bringing the Honor 8 Pro to the Indian market. The device will be available exclusively via Amazon India starting from July 6th. It runs on the latest EMUI 5.1 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. On the front, we will be seeing a 5.7-inch display offering Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution. It comes powered by Kirin 960 octa-core processor coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. There is also a MicroSD card slot for further expansion of storage up to 256GB. The fingerprint sensor can be spotted on the rear that also supports gestures. Just like other flagship Honor devices, the Honor 8 Pro also sports dual camera setup featuring 12MP RGB sensor and 12MP Monochrome sensor with f/2.2 aperture and laser autofocus. For selfies, there is an 8MP sensor with 77-degree wide-angle lens. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, 3.5mm Audio jack, and a USB Type-C port. The pricing of the device is yet to be revealed; we expect it to cost lesser than the 6GB RAM variant of the OnePlus 5.
- At the MWC Shanghai 2017, Vivo showcased the Qualcomm’s ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. Unlike the capacitive fingerprint sensor, this new sensor can be placed under the display, glass, and metal. It will be more accurate than the currently used sensors and will also work under the water. The upcoming Apple iPhone 8 is said to feature the fingerprint sensor placed under the display, and we heard similar rumors before the launch of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus smartphones. Qualcomm will be offering this new ultrasonic fingerprint technology even with non-Qualcomm chipsets. The Vivo X9s and X9s Plus which will be launched in the next few days in China might become the first smartphones to use this new technology. The devices will be backed by the Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor which houses the custom Kryo cores. Interestingly, the flagship Snapdragon 835 processor is not compatible with the Qualcomm’s new Ultrasonic fingerprint scanning technology.
- The American smartphone brand, Infocus launched a new ‘Made in India’ smartphone in partnership with Foxconn called as Turbo 5. It comes in Pure Gold and Mocha Gold color options and is exclusively available via Amazon India. The 2GB RAM variant with 16GB storage is priced at Rs. 6,999 while the 3GB RAM variant with 32GB storage is priced at Rs. 7,999. The USP of the device is its 5,000mAh non-removable battery that is rated to give 23 hours of talk time and lasts up to 816 hours on standby mode. There is a 5.2-inch HD display on the front with a 2.5D curved glass laid on top. Under the hood is the MediaTek MT6737 quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz. The device runs on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with the customized UI on top. Talking about the cameras, there is a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front camera. It measures 150.0 x 74.0 x 9.0 mm and weighs 163 grams. The power button and volume rocker can be found on the right edge of the device. Even at such a low price, both the variants comes with fingerprint sensor placed on the rear.
For more information related to any single topic, you can take the help of our search box placed on the top.