Reliance’s 4G LTE network Jio 4G is said to commercially launch their services starting from August 15th. It had first started its services for their employees in December last year and later brought the invite system where others can get a free Jio 4G SIM bundled with the LYF smartphone. While the LYF – Jio Preview offer is now available for all, a few weeks back it had collaborated with Samsung to offer the Jio 4G SIM for 13 selected Galaxy smartphones. But as we shared earlier, the users can generate the code on any smartphone to get the Jio 4G SIM by just installing all the 11 apps.
It worked on all smartphones even with the non-4G devices except iPhones and Windows devices. While many from our team and readers tried to the get the Jio SIM from Reliance outlets with the valid barcode, many outlets have either asked to show the Samsung device with a bill or the IMEI number of the device. But luckily, I got the Jio SIM along with few of our readers and unlike many users, my SIM was activated in less than 12 hours. Now, when I inserted the SIM in the LeEco Le Max 2 which comes enabled with VoLTE, I got signal and able to tele-verify my number.
Recommended: Steps to Follow for Getting a Free Jio 4G SIM
Once it is done, I eagerly opened the MyJio app to check whether the unlimited Jio preview offer is activated or not. Since the SIM is activated with the Samsung Offer, I am unable to get the unlimited preview offer activated on my number using LeEco device. Later I installed all the mentioned four apps – Jio Beats, Jio On Demand, Jio Play and Jio Money on the device, but still, there is no use. Even I tried the same process on my LYF Flame 2 and that too didn’t work. Since there is no mentioned Samsung Galaxy device in our office, the tried with the Galaxy On7 Pro that supports 4G LTE with VoLTE.
I installed all the four Jio apps, and surprisingly the offer got activated. The preview offer was also activated on one of my friends Jio 4G SIM using the same the Galaxy On7 Pro. But later when used that Jio SIM in his 4G device that doesn’t support VoLTE, the offer was deactivated in a span of 10 minutes. Now, I am using my Jio SIM with the Le Max 2, and there are no worries as mentioned earlier because its comes enabled with VoLTE. Few of our readers also got the 90 days unlimited Jio preview offer also activated with the OnePlus 3 and Redmi Note 3. With the recent update to the MyJio app, now we aren’t able to generate the barcode.
In case, if you already got the Jio 4G SIM activated and are only limited to just 2GB of 4G data, then below is the process to get the 90 days unlimited offer activated and will be able to use it on any 4G smartphone supporting VoLTE.
- Get any Samsung Galaxy smartphone that comes enabled with VoLTE and uninstall all the Jio apps if there are any apps installed. (not limiting to the earlier mentioned 13 Galaxy devices)
- Now insert the Jio SIM in that particular Samsung smartphone.
Note : The SIM will not be locked with that particular device
- If you haven’t got the signal, check whether the data and VoLTE options are enabled or not. If not, enable them and you will now get the signal
- Now open the Playstore and download the MyJio app.
- Once it is installed, open it and you see the “Install All” on the top right. Tap on it and install all the 11 apps one by one, though it is mentioned to download only the four apps that are mentioned above.
- Now close and reopen the MyJio app. Then tap on the “open” button that sits beside the MyJio app name.
- The latest update doesn’t show the options “Get Jio SIM” or “Avail Offer.” Just tap on skip to login automatically.
- You will see the offer activated on your number.
- Now open the hamburger menu and tap on “My Plans” section.
- There should be a total of three plans activated on your number, the “Jio Preview Offer for Partner – (Prepaid Plan)” is what confirms that the unlimited pack is activated on your number.
- The offers provide unlimited usage of 4G data, voice calls, SMS and premium access to Jio suite of apps.