Android 5.1 Launched in Indonesia, Here are the list of Features & Improvements
Did you just receive Lollipop update? Feeling good that your smartphone is running the latest OS? Too bad, Google just announced Android 5.1 Lollipop! Too early? I don’t think so. Considering it brings much awaited improvements, it’s a welcoming update.
Today, Google launched Android One, their “Android for everyone” plan, in Indonesia which will be available later this month. This makes Indonesia the fifth country to get Android One after India, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
So, three new Android One handsets shall be from Evercoss, Mito, and Nexian. They will be sold for less than 1.5 million rupiah (under $120 USD), priced similar to India’s Android One offerings.
- Evercross One X
- Mito Impact
- Nexian Journey
Specs are totally similar in those devices:
- Display: 4.5 “FWVGA
- CPU: Cortex A7 1.3 GHz Quad-Core processor
- RAM: 1GB
- ROM: 8 GB of storage (expandable up to 32 GB)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Micro)
- Camera: Front (2MP) and rear camera (5MP) with LED flash
- Battery: Lithium-ion rechargeable 1700mAh
Basically, the specs of what we had seen in the Android One devices launched in India last year.
Google, in it’s blog post, states:
Each one runs the latest version of Android (Lollipop) — the fastest, most responsive Android experience ever with up to 2x better performance than the previous version. The battery saver can help extend batteries by up to 90 minutes. Android’s new look, material design, has smooth scrolling and edge-to-edge graphics. There are also quick settings to conserve data: it takes just two quick swipes to turn off data and check data usage.
This might sound a bit ironical as Android One devices in India are still running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Still no signs of Lollipop but Google India says users will be getting it in few weeks.
Here’s the unofficial changelog posted last month by Android Pit which lists a few interesting improvements:
- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
- General improvements in system stability
- Improved RAM management
- Fixes for sudden app closures
- Improved battery management
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
- Issues with wireless connections fixed
- Problems with Okay Google function solved
- Notifications problems solved
- Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
- Other improvements and changes
- Changes in the Material Design color palette