After four months of releasing the iOS 9 developer preview, now we have the first jailbreak for the iOS 9 by the Chinese research team ‘Pangu.’ The jailbreak runs on a security system called ‘rootless’ which can prevent malware on the jailbreak devices. Earlier to this, there is a video posted on youtube showing the jailbreak on iOS 9 running iPhone, but it was not released to the public. If you are looking to jailbreak your iDevice, check your device name in the below listed compatible devices.
- iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, & 4S
- iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 1, iPad Air 2, & iPad Air 1.
- iPod Touch 6 and iPhod Touch 5.
By jailbreaking your iDevice, you get additional features but it also make your device vulnerable to security threats and also voids your existing warranty. Since the jailbreak comes with Windows software, you need to have a Windows running Computer or else you need to install Windows through a Virtual Machine on OS X running computers.
How-To Jailbreak iOS 9:
- Download the Pangu 9 software on your computer.
- First and foremost thing to do before starting the jailbreak is to backup your device through the latest version of iTunes.
- Turn ON the Airplane mode and disable the ‘Passcode’ and ‘Find my iPhone’ from the settings.
- Install the earlier downloaded software and connect your device through the lighting cable.
- Once the device is detected, it shows jailbreak is ready and then press the ‘Start’ button.
- If you already backed up your data click on ‘Already Backup’ and if you have forgotten, click on cancel and backup through the latest version of iTunes.
- After clicking on ‘Already Backup,’ the Jailbreaking process will be started. At 55% the device restarts and at 65%, you need to unlock the device and once again enable the ‘Airplane mode.’
- At 75%, you need to unlock the device if locked and open the Pangu app installed on your home screen.
- Allow the app to access the photos from the app and once the final cleanup is done, your’s device is now officially jailbreaked.
- Close the Pangu app on the desktop and disconnect your iDevice from the computer.
(If you found any errors while jailbreaking your device, comment below or tweet us @PhoneradarBlog and we will be happy to help you.)