Connect with us

Phone News

Xiaomi, Huawei, OPPO & Vivo Profits Increase While Samsung’s Declined in Q2 2018

Published

on

In the last few years, we have seen the rise of Chinese smartphone brands in most parts of the world. According to the latest report from counterpoint, the combined profit of the Chinese brands has crossed the $2 billion mark for the first time in Q2 2018. Though the Chinese brands like Huawei, Vivo, and Xiaomi are fighting each other even on the foreign soil, their individual market share is still growing.

Talking about the profit share in Q2 2018, Apple with a whopping 62% market is the most profitable smartphone brand. Next comes Samsung with 17% profit share and its been in the downward trend from the last three years. Later are the bunch of Chinese brands who have been growing year on year. Huawei (8%), OPPO (5%), Vivo (4%), and Xiaomi (3%) are the next four largest smartphone brands in terms of profit share.

While the top 6 smartphone brands jointly have 99% profit share, all the other 600+ smartphone brands are said to be working on the remaining 1% profit share. Talking about the Android ecosystem, Samsung is the only brand in the top 6 list which has seen a decline in profits. The lower than expected sales of the Galaxy S9 smartphones are said to be the main reason behind the company’s profit decline.

The recent reports claim Samsung to come up with a revamped strategy to recover its lost market share. We hope the company launches smartphones with more aggressive pricing and advanced features to compete with the Chinese brands. If all goes good, we can expect Samsung to overturn the past trends in the coming quarters.

Source

Comment what you think

Advertisement


Copyright © 2018 PHONERADAR. Part of Digital World Solutions.