Sony, the Japanese manufacturer, is handing out Marshmallows to its Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact users. It’s not very often we see such announcement from Sony, but since the brand has promised this to its old Xperia handsets users and it is finally delivering on that promise. This was after a beta build released around a month ago.
Below is the list of devices that have received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update:
- Sony Xperia Z2 – D6502, D6503
- Sony Xperia Z3 – D6603, D6653, D6646
- Sony Xperia Z3 Dual – D6633
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – D5803, D5833
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet – SGP511, SGP512, SGP521
If you have any of those handsets mentioned above, we suggest you start looking your devices if they’re long forgotten in some corner of your gadgets drawers. The latest firmware version is carrying a build number of 23.5.A.0.570, which brings Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. Apart from the visual changes and Marshmallow integrated features, you should also see February Android security patches. You’ll also see the Camera 2.0 interface with some additional features.
The Marshmallow update will offer the below mentioned features to the users:
- Enhanced privacy settings: Manage and control your application data permissions
- All new camera interface: Switch between modes and customise settings with simple gestures
- Xperia Messaging: Express yourself and get creative with easy in-app access to Stickers
- Direct Share: Share activity with friends, recent contacts and app lists