Ever since Samsung entered into the smartphone industry the phase of Android-based devices has been changed completely. By embedding latest technologies into the phones and by launching new devices at regular intervals, it always manages to stay at the top of the chart. We already seen the launch of its new flagship devices Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge and we are about to see the release of Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 smartphone.
We have heard that, the users who bought Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge phones recently are really been satisfied with the specifications and features. But the gadget freaks always wish to explore the device internally but the manufacturer will not allow them to do it. Anyhow, the third-party developers always provide few guides to for tweaking the device. And this time, Chainfire, (Android developer) released CF-Auto-Root rooting method for the latest devices Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. So, now users can easily root their devices using this method and they can flash the custom ROM’s.
As for now, the present CF-Auto-Root is released only for Exynos versions of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge with model numbers SM-G930F and SM-G935F respectively. For all the other models, we have to wait further. So, now go through the below tutorial to root your new devices using CF-Auto-Root.
- Take a prior back up of the data on the device as this procedure will wipe-out everything from the phones.
- Make sure to maintain more than 80% of charging in the device.
- Install suitable USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge phones.
- Before proceeding for the root process, make sure to check your model number under ‘Settings>About device>Model number’ and then proceed further.
Note – The rooting process will void the warranty of the device. And, we help no responsible in case of any device damage and so proceed carefully and root your device accordingly.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S7, Edge with CF-Auto-Root Tool
- Download CF-Auto-Root package for your new Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone appropriately. Extract it on the PC after downloading.
- Download and execute Odin flashing tool on your PC.
- Now you need to unlock the device by opening ‘Settings>Developer Options>OEM unlock’. (To enable developer options, tap few times on ‘Build number’ under ‘Settings>About phone’)
- Next, turn of your device and enter into recovery mode by pressing volume down, home and power button simultaneously at the same time.
- Now, using USB cable, connect the device to the PC.
- Open Odin and click on PDA button to select the appropriate file that was extracted for your device.
- Deselect repartition option and make sure that auto-reboot and F.Reset time options are enabled.
- Now click on ‘Start’ button and wait for sometime as the installation process may take few minutes.
- Once done, the phone gets rebooted; the device should be ready with the root access.
Points To Remember
- As CFAR’s display code is not compatible with the S7 and S7 Edge devices, you don’t see any out on the screen after the flashing except S7 logo. But nothing to worry, once the rooting process is done the phone will have root access.
- Also remember to unlock the bootloader before flashing otherwise there is chance for bricking of device.
In case if you have any other issues in the above process, then feel free to write us down in the comments section below as we try to resolve it for you.