Welcome back for the fifth Episode of the PhoneRadar Report, you source for all things mobile.
Starting with announcements in India:
- This week we saw the launch of Motorola Moto Turbo in the country. The much-awaited device has finally arrived in India at a price tag of INR 41,999. Yeah, you may think that it would be a hefty amount, but considering the power packed specs on Moto Turbo, it may be considered a good price point. It will be available to purchase exclusively on Flipkart sometime around a third week of March. Though, you can pre-order one right now. In international markets, the Moto Turbo is known as Droid Turbo, or Moto Maxx in some regions. The most exciting thing about this device is its massive 3900mAh battery and amazing build quality. The device listed on Flipkart is of 64GB variant and sports Ballistic Nylon back. It has 5.2-inch 2K display, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 Chipset, and 21MP rear camera. (Motorola Droid Turbo Specs)
- Talking further about Motorola launches in India, the Second Generation Moto E has finally gone on sale in India. Currently, only 3G variant is available for a price tag of INR 6,999 on Flipkart. The new Moto E comes with tweaks in design including larger 4.5-inch display. It packs 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 chipset and runs on Android Lollipop out of the box. The new addition includes a VGA front camera, and an improved 5MP Autofocus rear cam. Other notable addition includes 8GB internal storage and 2390mAh battery. (Second Generation Moto E)
- Moving on to other Indian announcements, the Xiaomi has made its Redmi 2 official in the country at a price tag of INR 6,999, and it will be available for sale on Flipkart, on March 24th. So, if you are interested in purchasing the device, now is the time to register for the sale on Flipkart. The improvements on the new Redmi 2 includes a 64-bit Snapdragon 410, which apparently offers a 4G LTE service too. The new Cortex-A53 based chipset is said to perform 50% higher than its predecessor, Cortex-A7. As well as he Adreno 306 supports better 3D gaming on Redmi 2. On the software parts, the device would be running on MIUI 6 on top of Android Kitkat 4.4. It also packs little larger battery, rated 2200mAh. (Xiaomi Redmi 2 Specs)
- The InFocus has entered into the country with its first official smartphone named InFocus M2. It is aggressively priced at INR 4,999 and boasts features like 4.2-inch 720p display, Snapdragon 400 chipset, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, and Android Kitkat 4.4.2. All this is powered by a 2110mAh battery. Other notable feature of the device includes 8MP rear camera, 8MP front snapper with a diffused flash for selfies. (InFocus M2 Specs)
- Talking further about the Indian announcements, HTC announced Desire 820s, which is a variant of 820. It is gone for sale in India at a price tag of INR 24,890. Though, this one is powered by a Mediatek Octa-Core processor. This Dual-SIM device comes with 4G LTE support. While it has some similar specs like 820, including 5.5-inch 720p display, 16GB internal storage, 13MP rear and 8MP front cam. It packs 2600mAh battery and the BoomSound Speakers that is seen on HTC flagships. (HTC Desire 820s Specs)
Moving on with international announcements:
- VAIO, which was previously part of Sony, has launched its rumored smartphone. After splitting from Sony Enterprise, VAIO has announced its first smartphone in Japan. The device is priced at 51,000 Yen, which roughly converts to $420. It packs 5-inch 720p display, Snapdragon chipset, 16GB internal storage, 13MP rear camera. All this is powered by a 2500mAh battery. And it comes into the light that, the new VAIO smartphone is a rebranded Panasonic Eluga U2, which makes it even more of a deal breaker. (VAIO Smartphone Specs)
- Talking further about International announcements, Samsung has launched a Galaxy Win 2 smartphone in Brazil, which is a successor to Galaxy Win launched last year. The Win 2 is available for 729 Brazilian Real while there is a variant that comes with Digital TV, and it would cost you 779 Brazilian Real. It packs low-end specs including, 4.5-inch Display, Quad-Core chipset, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, microSD card support, 5MP rear cam and 2MP front cam. The device is powered by a 2000mAh battery. (Samsung Galaxy Win 2 Specs)
- Samsung also announced a Galaxy Xcover 3 smartphone, it a rugged smartphone from the company. The device can withstand falls of up to 1.2 meters. The Xcover 3 comes with IP67 rating, that is; it is dustproof and waterproof for up to 30 minutes in water for a depth of up to 1 meter. The pricing of the device is not mentioned yet. Its feature includes 4.5-inch display, Quad-core processor, 1.5 GB RAM, 8GB internal storage, 5MP rear, and 2MP front camera. It will support LTE, as well as an altimeter, compass, NFC and KNOX security features. The device will be running on TouchWiz UI on top of Android 4.4 Kitkat OS. (Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 Specs)
This week we reviewed the Motorola Droid Turbo. It is a beast of a phone that is perfectly optimised for long usage. The build quality is the best you can get for the price range. Moreover, it has rugged back panel, an amazing set of Motorola software pack, and yet it feels like you’re using a stock Android. As well as it has a sharp 2K display. While the 21MP camera failed to impress in some manner. Though, there are few disappointments too including the front speakers, capacitive touch buttons, and No Optical Image Stabilisation, which eventually ended up making photos blur. Check out our detailed review of the Droid Turbo.