We are back with new episode of the PhoneRadar Report, which is your source for all things mobile.
News Report :
Proceeding with the announcements in India:
- This week we saw the launch of budget friendly handsets from Microsoft. The Lumia 532 and 435 have officially launched in the country at the price of Rs 6499 and Rs 5999, respectively. Both the devices come with Snapdragon 200 processor, although Lumia 532 comes with a Quad-core while Lumia 435 comes with a Dual-core processor. They both feature a 4-inch WVGA display, 1GB RAM, and 8GB internal storage. The Lumia 435 offers a 2MP rear camera while Lumia 532 bumps it up to 5MP, while there is a same VGA camera present on the front of both the devices. (Lumia 532 & 435 Specs)
- Moving on to some exciting news, Flipkart is said to launch the Motorola Droid Turbo in India. The details about the device are still unclear for now, but the company has hinted on its social media channels that a Moto beast is coming your way. Although, it is not sure if the device will have the same name or will be called Moto Maxx, as it is the case in regions like Brazil and Mexico. I have been using it from 2 months now and you can check out the next review on this channel for the Droid Turbo. (Motorola Droid Turbo Specs)
- Looks like there is a new trend started by the mobile vendors, as the market has seen too many smartphones with good battery life, which is a good thing for smartphone users. This time it was launched by Lava Mobiles. The Iris Fuel 20 comes with a 4400mAh battery at an aggressive pricing of INR 5399. The device comes with a 5-inch display and is powered by a Dual-core MediaTek processor. It packs 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage, which can be expanded up to 32GB via microSD card. The device sports a 5MP rear shooter, while it has a VGA front snapper. (Lava Iris Fuel Specs)
- Now let’s talk about what has been going on in the International market. Starting with the announcement in China, where the Asus Zenfone 2 has gone for pre-order on AliExpress. And it is disappointing to learn that Asus has moved up the pricing of its Zenfone 2 from promised $200 to $300 while the 4GB RAM variant is priced at $440. Although it is not sure if these pricing is official, as nothing has been quoted by the company officials yet. (Asus Zenfone 2 Specs)
- Talking about rumors, it is speculated in a recent leak that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6 will have 2600mAh battery. It is less when compared to the existing flagship models in the market, as well as it would be below than company’s previous flagship, the Galaxy S5, which has 2800mAh battery rating. Now we can only hope that Samsung will optimize the UI or else the 2600mAh battery won’t be enough to last a day. There are some reports cycling in the tech community, which states that the Android Lollipop is resulting in the faster drainage of the battery in comparison to the Android Kitkat. Now we can only hope how Galaxy S6 would change the mobile industry if the company isn’t offering a big battery on its upcoming flagship, which is to be revealed at MWC event in Barcelona. (Samsung Galaxy S6 Specs)
This week we reviewed the Gionee Pioneer P6. Where we learned that it could be only recommended for its good interface, its build quality, and the decent camera combination. The Pioneer P6 features a 5-inch display, Quad-Core MediaTek processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal storage. Everything else on the device is pretty moderate including the 5MP rear camera, VGA front facing camera and a 1950mAh battery.
There are few worthy competitors present in the market right now. Most of them have better hardware and performance while the pricing is a bit similar. The list includes Xiaomi Redmi Note, Asus ZenFone 5 and Yu Yureka. Check out our detailed review of the Gionee Pioneer P6. (Gionee Pioneer P6 Specs)
This was the PhoneRadar Report for this week, stay tuned for the next one and keep sending your feedback.