Whenever you change your smartphone, you always find difficult in restoring all the data from your previous device. If you are an Android user and feel like upgrading your device to the latest Android version, i.e., Marshmallow, then there is an option available on your device where you can easily setup your device just by using the Google’s Set up nearby device option that is available on Google Settings. This feature helps you restore your nearby device while you are in same Wi-Fi region and the device is adjacent to you.
As the Nexus devices get the latest Android Updates, I prefer the Nexus devices than that of any other Android device. Earlier I have used the LG Nexus 5, and then I have upgraded myself to the LG Nexus 5X as the device comes with Android M out of the box. Now I would like to switch to the Google Flagship device, i.e., the Huawei Nexus 6P to get better stock Android experience and understanding of the Marshmallow. And I always prefer to switch my device using the Google’s Setup nearby device option as it is easy and takes lesser time. You can follow the steps mentioned below to easy setup any of your Android device.
- Step 1: Power on your Nexus 6P device, if you are booting it for the first time, while setting it you will come across an option “Got another device?”. Now select the option copy your Google accounts, apps, and data from your other device and click on next button.
- Step 2: In the new window, it will show you the copy device setup, now click on the skip button that is on the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Now open the Google settings on your Nexus 5X and click on setup nearby device, i.e., at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4: It will search for the device and name of the device with model number is displayed on the screen. Now select the device and click on the next button, i.e., on the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5: A verification code is displayed on the screen. The same verification code is displayed on the Nexus 6P device. If it matches, click on the next button, i.e., at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 6: If you have set any screen lock for your device then confirm it and click on Next button i.e., is at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 7: Now on the Nexus 5X device, Copy to your other device is displayed on the screen, click on the copy button.
- Step 8: Before the restoring process starts on Nexus 6P, you need to enter your Gmail password for the security reasons.
- Step 9: Once the password is entered on your Nexus 6P device, the copy process starts on Nexus 5X and restoring process begins in Nexus 6P.
- Step 10: After the data is copied from the Nexus 5x to Nexus 6P a success message with Finish setup on your Nexus 6P is displayed on Nexus 5X, now click on close button.
The Google accounts, apps, and data are successfully transferred from Nexus 5x to Nexus 6P. In this way, you can easily setup any of your Android device without any interruption.
Note: This process is applicable for any of your Android device. But before you restore, make sure that both the devices are charged as data transferring may take time if you have lots of applications installed on your old device.
If you still have queries while transferring from one device to other device using the setup your nearby device option, pass you query in the PhoneRadar Forums, anyone from our team will get back to you.