One Plus has launched their 1st smartphone last year i.e. the OnePlus One and this year the brand has launched a flagship killer device, i.e., the OnePlus 2 and a mid-range smartphone One Plus X. The One Plus X comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Soc with a quad-core processor clocked at 2.3 GHz. The design of the device is decent, and the back panel of the device is fingerprint magnet. It comes with 3GB RM and 16GB as its internal storage and can be expandable storage option. The device comes with a 2525mAh battery which is pretty low at this price point. If you have purchased the device then you can follow the tips & tricks for better understanding of your device. If get bored of the device and feel like switching to any other device then always remember to factory reset your device before you give it to others for use. Formatting or factory resetting of the device can be done in two ways, i.e., Soft Reset and Hard Reset.
With soft reset you would be technically restarted the device, it may be your smartphone or tablet. This action would close any running applications as well as would clear any data stored in RAM, i.e. the cached memory. Although, do make a note that it won’t remove any data stored on the hard drive, as well as no settings or applications would be affected in terms of data loss. You can follow the below mentioned steps to Soft reset your device.
- Step 1: Open the settings and tap on Backup & reset in the personal section.
- Step 2: In the new window, tap on Factory Data Reset in the personal data section that is at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: A message stating “This will erase data from your phone & internal storage including the list of accounts” is displayed on the screen. Now click on Reset Phone button at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4: A final warning stating you cannot reverse the action is displayed on the screen. Now click on the Erase Everything button.
The device restarts erasing data is displayed on the screen. Once the data is cleared the device reboots as if you are booting it for the first time.
Talking about the hard reset or hardware rest as many don’t know is a hardware operation and thus the name, hardware reset. What this operation does is that it would re-initialize the hardware components of the system. Doing so, it would end all the software operations performed on the system. It means any settings you have changed while the course of using the device would be wiped clean. The hard reset is followed by the booting of the system into the firmware. It would re-initialize the rest of the system and inlay restart the operating system. You can follow the steps mentioned below to hard reset your OnePlus X.
- Step 1: If you are using the device, then power off your device.
- Step 2: Now press the power button along with the volume down button to enter the Recovery Mode.
- Step 3: The device boots in the recovery mode and language option is displayed on the screen. Now click on the language with which you want to proceed.
- Step 4: You will find the list of options like Install from local, install from USB, Wipe Data and Cache, Advanced, and Reboot. Now click on the Wipe Data and Cache button.
- Step 5: You will find three options Wipe Data and Cache, Wipe Data and Wipe Cache. Now click on Wipe Data and Cache.
- Step 6: Now click on the Yes button in the new window to wipe the data and cache from your device.
The device will reboot as if you are booting the device for the first time.
Note: Before you reset make sure that the and also create the backup of the Data available on the device.
If you still face any issues while formatting your device the pass your comments in the PhoneRadar Forum, we will get back to you.