Qiku has recently launched a new smartphone in India, i.e., the Qiku Q Terra 808. It comes powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC hexa-core processor clocked at 1.8 GHz. The device comes with a dual 13 MP rear camera which can focus in just 0.1 seconds. If you are using the device and feel like giving it for anyone to use then always remeber to factory reset your device before you share with others. There are ways in which you can format the data on your smartphone.
With soft reset you would be technically restarted the device, it may be your smartphone or tablet. This action would close any running applications as well as would clear any data stored in RAM, i.e. the cached memory. Although, do make a note that it won’t remove any data stored on the hard drive, as well as no settings or applications would be affected in terms of data loss. You can follow the steps mentioned below to Hard Reset your device.
- Step 1: Open the settings and tap on More device in the common settings section.
- Step 2: In the new window, tap on Backup & reset option in the System Settings.
- Step 3: In the backup& reset window, tap on Factory Data Reset.
- Step 4: In the new window, tap on the Reset Phone option which is at the bottom of the screen. This window also shows the details of the account associated with your device.
- Step 5: A new pop-up warning about This action is irreversible is diaplyed on the screen. Now click on the OK Button to proceed further.
The device restarts and all the data is cleared on the device.
Talking about the hard reset or hardware rest as many don’t know is a hardware operation and thus the name, hardware reset. What this operation does is that it would re-initialize the hardware components of the system. Doing so, it would end all the software operations performed on the system. It means any settings you have changed while the course of using the device would be wiped clean. The hard reset is followed by the booting of the system into the firmware. It would re-initialize the rest of the system and inlay restart the operating system. You can follow the below mentioned steps to Hard Reset your device.
- Step 1: If you are using the device them switch it off.
- Step 2: Now press the power button along with the volume down button to start the device in the recovery mode.
- Step 3: The recovery window comes with 4 options, restart phone, clear date, install update.zip, shutdown. Now use the volume buttons to select the clear date option and power button to apply.
- Step 4: In the clear date window, you will find four options, clear cache, clean user date, clear all and back to main menu. Now head over to the clear all option and click on the power button.
- Step 5: A final confirmation stating clear user date?(This operation is ir-reversible) is displayed on the screen. Now click on the OK button to continue.
The data is wiped from your device, now click on the restart button. The device reboots as if you are booting the device for the first time.
Note: Before you reset your device, make sure to create the backup of the data available on the device because factory resetting is irreversible process.
If you have any other queries related to the factory reset then you can pass them in the PhoneRadar Forums, we will get back to you.