All those iOS 9.1 users who haven’t updated to the latest iOS 9.2 or 9.2.1 might be happy since the Chinese hacking team Pangu has released the jailbreak for 64-bit devices running on iOS 9.1. While in October last year, the same team has released the jailbreak for iOS 9.0.x devices. Though many of the users might have updated their devices to the latest iOS 9.2 or iOS 9.2.1, there will be few who can tweak their Apple device as they like. Below is the list of devices which are eligible for iOS 9.1 jailbreak.
- iPod Touch 6
While you are device is running on iOS 9.2, then you can downgrade to iOS 9.1 since Apple has stopped signing it. Unlike the earlier jailbreak, Pangu team has released the Mac and Windows software at a time. Before performing the jailbreak, backup your device with the latest iTunes.
How to Jailbreak devices on iOS 9.1 using Windows & Mac:
- Download and install the Pangu software for Windows/Mac from the above links.
- Before starting the Jailbreak process, you need to turn off the ‘Passcode’ and ‘Find My iPhone’ options on your iPhone.
- Now turn on the Airplane Mode and connect the device to your computer via lightning cable.
(if you are facing error, uninstall the iTunes software. In case, if the installed software can’t detect your device, comment down below or tweet us @Phoneradarblog)
- Once the device is detected, it shows jailbreak is ready and then press the ‘Start’ button.
- If you already backed up your data click on ‘Already Backup’ and if you have forgotten, click on cancel and backup through the latest version of iTunes.
- Once the process is started, Pangu app will install onto your device and will be appeared on the home screen.
- Now the device will reboot after that unlock the device and once again turn on the ‘Airplane Mode.’
- After some time, you need to open the earlier installed Pangu app on your iPhone and the jailbreak is completed.
- You can find the ‘Jailbreak Completed’ message on your computer, and the device will be rebooted.
- Now you can find the Cydia app installed on your device.
Now you have the iPhone/iPad with Cydia installed; you can customize your device as you wish like installing themes, bringing 3D Touch feature on iPhone 6/6Plus/5S. By performing the jailbreak, your iPhone or iPad will get additional features and at the same time, it also make your device vulnerable to security threats. Additionally, the warranty of your device will also get void.