We’ve seen stuff coming up in the wearable tech in a pace that many have given a clear ignorance about the design and size of these wearable gadgets. One of the wearable devices which we are talking about here, has much of what the fitness devices come with, but the main part about it is the little size which the company is arguably calling as World’s smallest fitness tracker. And this one is still just a Kickstarter project so we can’t be sure whether this device funding will reach the target or not. But for now, it looks pretty good.
The name Goccia derived from the Italian meaning a drop of water; it means more for the design of the device. Listed below are the main features of the Goccia fitness tracker.
- Small in size, as small as a shirt button and weighing similar to that of a US penny, though we did find the size of it to be 1.5cm in diameter.
- Simple to use and the charging and syncing are pretty easy.
- Automatic Switch: Hassle-free switching between day and night modes.
- Syncing with a new technology where it is possible with LED light communication. It is what helped in making the size of the device small.
- 100% waterproof for all types of activities and environments.
Goccia gets recharged with the wireless charging, and a full charge would provide around 14 days of continuous usage. And even better, the device needs just 25 minutes for getting a full charge.
There is an iOS app available for the users to check the stats, and you just need to sync the device with the app which again doesn’t need any wired connection or even the Bluetooth connectivity, as it’s done with the LED light connection.
Along with Goccia, you would be able to find a few accessories to wear this along, and these include the clasp, bracelet, necklace and lots more in the future.
Specifications of the Goccia fitness tracker:
- Size: Diameter of 17.9 mm and a thickness of 7.2mm
- Weight: 3 grams
- Battery: Lithium-ion polymer battery, lasts up to 14 days between charges
- Compatibility: iOS, Android & Windows are in development
- Charging: Wireless charging
- Accessories: Clasp, necklace, earrings and more
- Wireless Connection: LED syncing technology
The project on Kickstarter shows the pricing starting from $60 for the first 500 backers and then it would go to $75 and more for some extra stuff included along with the actual tracker. Check out the Kickstarter page for details.