One of the very few things which we all came to know about the Google Pixel smartphones was the new Home Button animation. It is now animated and not the same old round button anymore. And then soon we also came to know that the new animated home button was limited to Pixel smartphones only. Well, this essentially means that if you even own a Nexus 6P or 5X, you will not be getting them whatsoever. But not literally. There is always a workaround with Android.
Yes, you can now get the new animated home button on your Nexus 6P and the 5X smartphones just like the one on the Google Pixel smartphones. The procedure is quite simple, and all you have to do is apply a mod by flashing the package. And if you are interested in going ahead and applying the mod to your smartphone, then follow the instructions given below carefully and achieve the mod. Do make a note that you need to backup your data before starting the procedure.
Also another thing to note here is, this mod is only for Nexus 5X & 6P smartphones and hence don’t try this on any other devices.
- The first thing to do here is to download the flashable package. You can do so by clicking the respective device below –
- Now you have to flash it in TWRP Recovery. It should work fine, and if not, then, in that case, try downloading it manually.
Follow the steps in case if you are going for the manual method –
- First, download the flashable package and then extract the SystemUI.apk in the package.
- In the next step, use any root file manager to put it to /System/priv-app/SystemUI/ directory.
- Set the permission to rw-r-r.
- At this point, if you get an FC warning, then don’t panic, it is completely normal. However, if you get FC when tap on the home button, try reset the system UI tuner settings.
And with that, you have now successfully modded the smartphone and you should be ready to go. As mentioned earlier, this will only work for Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P smartphones. Do not try to get it to work with any other device whatsoever. If you managed to make it work on your Nexus 5X or 6P, then be sure to let us know in the comment section below. Well, if not, then let us know what went wrong and we will try finding a fix for the same.
Also, if in case you missed some of the previous how-tos, like the one where you can get the swipe gestures on the fingerprint scanner like the Pixel smartphones. Or you can also get the ‘Live Earth’ and other live wallpapers from the Pixel smartphones to any other smartphone which supports the same. Stay tuned for more info like this.