Google launched the new Pixel and the Pixel XL smartphones recently, and they have new Android 7.1 Nougat which comes with some interesting Pixel specific features. One of them which you all know is the Google Assistant. Long press on the home button and you will get the Google Assistant there for you just like Siri on an iPhone or an iPad etc. But there are some other features which are new to the Pixel devices and some of them do come in handy.
One such feature which i am talking about here is the Fingerprint scanner bottom swipe feature that will bring down the notification shade. Yes, this feature is already there in Huawei smartphones, but this is new to the Pixel and the stock Android devices. And what if i say that anyone can get this particular feature on any smartphone. Pretty neat right? With this, you no longer have to adjust the grip of the device in your hand and take the risk of dropping it down if the device is huge.
Well, in no time many smartphone manufacturers will implement this, but until then you are not left with a lot of options. But hey, this is Android, and there is a workaround for pretty much anything right? Today i will show you how to enable this particular feature in your smartphone.
Follow these steps given below to get this particular feature in any smartphone –
But before getting into the tutorial, let’s take a look at what you will need in order to make this feature work on your smartphone.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow or higher.
- A smartphone with a fingerprint scanner off course.
Now that it is clear as to what you will need let’s see how to make it work –
- The first thing you need to do is, download and install this application called ‘Fingerprint Quick Action”.
- In order for it to install, you have to enable the apps from “Unknown Sources” from the settings menu.
- Once the app is installed, now you need to set it up once in the settings.
- First, open the app and enable the Fingerprint Quick Action.
- Once that is done, set the quick action from sleep to Expand Notifications Panel, and you are good to go.
By following the above-given procedure, you will be able to get the same feature on any smartphone. All you have to do is touch your fingerprint scanner while the phone is unlocked, just like you would do on a Pixel smartphone. Do make a note that if your smartphone has a capacitive home button on the front al0ng with the fingerprint scanner, this will not work since tapping the home button will take you to home in that case. It is indeed a hit or miss on few smartphones, but when it works, it will is a nice feature to have. However, do give it a try and let us know if it worked for you. Stay tuned for more how-to like this.