Now that the Jio4G services are made available to the public, everyone is trying to get their hands on one. The company is now offering free unlimited data till 31st December, however, it is reported that this could be extended till March 2017. But that is something we should wait and see if it ever happens at all. With that being said, if you are to buy a Jio 4G SIM, then you will be getting the unlimited data, etc. under the Welcome offer till 31st December for sure.
Now that biggest struggle is to get hands on a Jio 4G SIM. If you planning to buy a Jio 4G SIM, then one thing you need make sure is that you have the invite code/barcode. This is essential to get a SIM card and you will not be given one without this. In order to generate this barcode/invite code, you need to download the MyJio App. Note that, many users are still facing issues with this app as they are not able to generate a code for the same.
If you are one of them, then don’t worry, you are in the right place. Here I will be showing you how to do that and get a Jio 4G SIM. One of the main issues is the application. Most of them have it but they are not able to generate a code. There could be many reasons for the same. On the other hand, if you are using the old APK, then chances are, you will not face any issues whatsoever. In the previous article, I told you how to download and use it but it looks like the app has an auto-update feature which makes it hard to use.
But on the positive side, there is an APK available in which the auto-update feature is disabled and it will not update the app at all. Download the MyJio App 3.2.05 with auto update disabled and this should help.
Now follow the steps given below to generate the code and get the Jio 4G SIM easily –
- Assuming that you have already installed the MyJio app from the above link, the first step now is to tap the icon and open the application.
- Now click install all and this will start installing all Jio Apps one by one.
- Once all the listed apps are installed, open MyJio App from the top of the list.
- Now you should see an option to “Get Jio SIM” there.
- Tap that and then follow the instruction showed on the screen to generate the code .
- Once the code is generated, it will be automatically saved to your gallery or you can also take a screenshot of the same.
- Now all you have to do is, take this code and visit any Reliance Digital Store or any Xpress Mini Store and get your Jio 4G SIM for free.
It will also come with the Jio Welcome offer and to make the procedure hassle free, the company has now started the E-KYC facility also in which you will be asked for your Aadhaar number and an invite code/barcode. The SIM will be activated instantly as well. Let us know if this worked for you if you managed to get a Jio 4G SIM card or not. Stay tuned for more info like this.