Now that the Reliance Jio 4G services are officially available for all the 4G enabled devices, it is just a matter of users getting hands on a SIM card. If you are willing to join the millions of other users who are already enjoying free Jio 4G services, then there are a few things which you need to make sure before getting onboard. The procedure is not all that difficult as you might think.
For starters, if you want to get a free Jio 4G SIM card, the only thing you need to have is the Invite Code. This invite code is given in the form of a barcode which is generated in the MyJio App. In order to generate this code, the only thing you need to do is download the MyJio application from the Google Play store and install it. Once installed, the procedure is quite simple. Just tap to open the app and then you will see the application, and there should be a “Get Jio” SIM option right in front of you.
Well, as easy as it may sound, many users are however unable to generate the code and get the free SIM card. And if you are one of them, then today I will show you how to generate the barcode within the MyJio application and get a free Jio 4G SIM card. The only thing you need to have before starting this is a 4G enabled smartphone (either Android or iOS).
Below are the steps which you need to follow in order to get the free Jio 4G SIM card –
- The first thing to do here download the older MyJio App with the version 3.2.05 from below and install it on your smartphone.
- Since it is a older version, the app might be updated to the latest version, so disable the ‘auto-update’ option in the Play Store settings.
- The next step is to open the app and tap on ‘Install all’ button to all the listed Jio apps.
- After all the Jio apps are installed, turn off the data and Wi-Fi on your smartphone.
- Now at this point, simply close all the background apps including MyJio.
- Once again ensure that the data & Wi-Fi are disabled. Now open the MyJio app.
- Here, you will see the “Get Jio SIM” option.
- Connect to internet by switching Wi-Fi or data and tap on the “Get Jio SIM” option.
- Now simply follow all instructions displayed on the screen to generate the Barcode/invite code.
- This code will be also saved automatically in the device gallery, or you can also take a screenshot to make sure.
With that done, all you have to do is, take the code to any nearest Reliance Digital Store or Digital Xpress store and get a Jio 4G SIM. Post that; the SIM will be activated, and you will be able to enjoy the free unlimited services until 31st December 2016. Now they are also offering E-KYC services, with which you can get it activated instantly. Do make a note that, even for the E-KYC process, you need to have the invite code.