Xiaomi recently launched the new Redmi 3S and the Redmi 3S Prime in India. Both the smartphones offers great specifications for the price point. The Redmi 3S is priced at 6,999 INR, and the Redmi 3S Prime is priced at 8,999 INR. These devices are powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor and come with 2GB/ 3GB of RAM.
Also, the company is slowly pushing out the software updates to its smartphone one at a time. On the same lines, the Global developer ROM of the MIUI 7.5 is now available for the Redmi 3S & the Prime variant as well. You can download the same and flash it manually onto your Redmi 3S devices. But if are not sure how to do that, then you are in the right place.
Follow these simple steps to update your device accordingly.
- Firstly, Download the latest MIUI ROM file. If you have already done it then no need to do it again.
- Now connect your smartphone to a Windows PC/Laptop via a micro USB cable and copy the downloaded file from step 1 to the folder named ‘downloaded_rom’. You can find this file in the internal storage.
- Next step is to simply launch the updater of the device. If you are running MIUI 6, then tap the three dots on the top right corner and select ‘Choose update package’. After this, choose the file you copied in step 2.
- If you are running MIUI V5, then press the menu button and follow the same procedure as above.
- Once done, if you have selected the appropriate ROM file, then it will start updating. It will reboot to the new version when the update is completed.
- That’s it. If you have followed everything correctly, then your device should have booted with the new MIUI version.
Let us know if this method worked for you. And stay tuned for more tutorials like this.