The latest PhoneRadar weekly wrap up is here with all the latest happenings around the smartphones and mobile technology. We have seen quite a few smartphones launches in the last seven days. There are also rumors about the upcoming flagship smartphones that will go official in the next couple of months. Also, check out the list of upcoming smartphones to know about the new smartphone launches that are scheduled for the next few weeks.
Let’s take a look at the news from last week:
- After launching its first ever full-fledged laptop called Surface Laptop, last week, Microsoft unveiled a new tablet in the Surface lineup called as New Surface Pro. Back in 2013, the company had debuted the Pro lineup by launching the Surface Pro and the new Surface Pro will be the successor to the Surface 4 Pro that was launched way back in October 2015. On the back, we can find the signature kickstand which can transform the tablet into a laptop mode. Now, the user can even lower the kickstand to use the tablet in a Studio mode for better writing and drawing angle. The new Surface Pro sports a 12.3-inch PixelSense display with a resolution of 2256 x 1504 pixels. It comes powered by Intel m3 and i5 chipsets that come with the new fanless cooling system, whereas the Intel i7 powered Surface Pro comes with an improved hybrid cooling system. The hybrid tablets includes 4GB/8GB/16GB RAM options along with 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB PCIe storage options.
- Nokia is rumored to launch a premium flagship smartphone in the second half of 2017. Recently, the leaked images of a prototype device suggest the Nokia 9 to feature glass back body. From the images, we can spot the 3.5mm Audio port along with the USB Type-C port. By the time of its official launch, the device should be running on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. Even the upcoming Nokia 3, Nokia 5, and Nokia 6 also run on the latest Android OS. Based on the leaks, the Nokia 9 features a 5.3-inch display with Quad HD (1440×2560 pixels) and will be powered by a Snapdragon 835 processor. In the camera department, it features a 13MP dual camera setup on the rear and an 8MP selfie camera on the front. Apart from the Nokia 9, we might see another dual camera smartphone from Nokia. A couple of weeks back, the new Nokia 3310 was launched in the Indian market for Rs. 3,310.
- Last week, Gionee launched its latest flagship smartphone called Gionee S10 in China. There are also two other affordable variants called Gionee S10B and Gionee S10C. The Gionee S10 and S10C will be available from June 9 while the S10B is already on sale. Talking about the Gionee S10, it comes with dual camera setup on the front and rear of the device. On the rear are the 16MP and 8MP sensors with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, and dual tone LED flash. For selfies, the company is offering much better cameras sporting 20MP & 8MP sensors. It sports a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080×1920 pixels) display and comes powered by 64-bit MediaTek Helio P25 SoC. The device packs 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. All the three devices run on Android 7.0 Nougat based Amigo 4.0 OS. The physical home button on the front also comes with the integrated fingerprint sensor. With all these specifications, the Gionee S10 is priced at 2,599 Yuan (approx $380 / Rs. 24,500).
- Since the Chinese smartphone market has reached the saturation point, most of the Chinese brands are now more focused on the second largest smartphone market, India. According to CMR, the Chinese brands holds 49% market share in the 1Q 2017 that too with an 180% YoY growth. The South Korean firm, Samsung with its whopping 27% market share is placed ahead of the other brands. While the Indian manufacturers are still launching the rebranded variants without much R&D, the Chinese brands are offering better features at very aggressive pricing. Xiaomi with its online sale model has captured 6% and occupied the third position in the largest smartphone brands list. Talking about the Indian brands, Micromax is still the largest local brand. However, the market share of the Indian brands has been drastically decreased in the last few quarters. Even Apple has started manufacturing iPhones in India under the Make in India campaign.
- Last week, Nubia launched its latest entry-level smartphone called Nubia N1 Lite in India. It comes with a price tag of Rs. 6,999 and is exclusively sold via Amazon India. At this price, the device comes with a polycarbonate shell and offers 4G VoLTE support. The device comes with a 5.5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) resolution display. Under the hood is the MediaTek MT6737 processor clocked at 1.2GHz. The Xiaomi Redmi 4 with the similar price tag comes with Snapdragon processor. It includes 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage that can be further expanded up to another 128GB. There is an 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and dual tone LED flash. On the front is a 5MP selfie camera with built-in beauty filters. It is kept powered on by a 3,000mAh battery that should easily give a day-long battery life. Connectivity options include 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3.5mm Audio port, and a MicroUSB 2.0 port.
- For the time, Motorola will be launching two Moto G series in one year. In the first half of 2017, the company came up with the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus smartphones. Both the device came with pretty good upgrades and sports a metal body. Now in the second half 2017, the company is getting ready to unveil the Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus smartphones. Looking at the leaked images, the Moto G5S devices will come with a unibody design, whereas the Moto G5 devices came with a removable back panel. On the front of the upcoming Moto G5S devices, we can also spot the LED flash sitting on the right side of the earpiece. The leaked information confirmed the Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus to sport a 5.2-inch and a 5.5-inch Full HD displays respectively. In the next few months, we will be seeing the launch of Moto E4, Moto E4 Plus, Moto X4, Moto Z2, Moto Z2 Play, and Moto Z2 Force smartphones.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Flagship Smartphone Announced with Triple rear cameras
Nokia X7 Smartphone Announced with 6.18” Display, 6GB RAM & Dual Cameras
Lenovo A5 with 13MP Camera & 4000mAh Battery Launched from Rs 5,999
Lenovo K9 with HD+ 18:9 Display & Quad Cameras Launched for Rs 8,999
Honor 8X Smartphone Review – Beauty & Performance, Power Packed
Honor Magic 2 Powered by 7nm Kirin 980 SoC Launching on October 31st
Honor 8X with 6.5″ Display, Kirin 710 SoC, 20MP Dual Cameras Launched in India
Huawei Enjoy Max and Enjoy 9 Plus Smartphones Announced with 7.12” & 6.5” Displays
Xiaomi to Launch Black Shark 2 Gaming Smartphone on October 23rd
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 with Sliding Cameras Confirmed to Launch on October 25th
Duracell Power Bank – Quality & Trust Power Packed
Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2018 Smartphone Offers, Discounts & Deals
Samsung Galaxy A9s with Quad Rear Cameras Leaked Ahead of the Official Launch
Honor 8C Announced with 6.26” Display, Snapdragon 632 SoC & 4000mAh Battery
Lenovo S5 Pro Might Sport Six Cameras, Launching on October 18th in China
Honor 8X Smartphone Review – Beauty & Performance, Power Packed
Black Shark Gaming Phone Global Version to be Launched soon
Nokia 3.1 Plus with 6″ HD+ Display & 13MP Dual Cameras Launched
Samsung Launches Galaxy A9 (2018) with Four Rear Cameras & 6.3″ sAMOLED Display
Insta360 ONE X 5.7K 360 degree Action Camera Announced with FlowState Stabilisation