Here is the latest PhoneRadar weekly wrap up with all the latest happenings around the smartphones and mobile technology. While there are many smartphone launches happened in the last few weeks, we have seen very few in the last seven days. Last week, we have seen two new mid-range mobile processors which should offer better performance than the current devices. Talking about the upcoming devices, we will be seeing few more major launches in the next few days in India and China. Also, check out the list of upcoming smartphones to know about the new smartphone launches that are scheduled for the next few weeks.
- Qualcomm’s latest flagship processor, Snapdragon 835 SoC built by Samsung using its 10nm FinFET process was well received. It is also a major upgrade when compared to the Snapdragon 820 and 821 processors. Last week, a new report suggested the Snapdragon 845 SoC has been already in development. It was mentioned to be spotted on the official website alongside the newly launched Snapdragon 660 and Snapdragon 630 processors. The 2018 flagship processor will be built on the 7nm processor. Qualcomm might work with the TSMC instead of Samsung for this upcoming processor. However, the report also suggests Samsung Galaxy S9 will be the first device to come with the Snapdragon 845. Though Sony launched the Xperia XZ Premium with the Snapdragon 835 SoC at the MWC 2017, Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are first Snapdragon 835 powered devices to go on sale.
- The Chinese smartphone manufacturer, Nubia recently launched the Z17 Mini smartphone in China. While the company is also expected to launch its latest flagship device Nubia Z17 in the next few weeks, the screenshot of the device listing revealed few key specifications of the device. It comes with a dual curved display and unibody metal design on the rear. This new device will be available in 6GB RAM + 64GB storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variants. On the rear, we can also see the 23MP + 12MP dual rear camera setup and the fingerprint sensor. It sports 5.5-inch Quad HD display and packs the 10nm Snapdragon 835 SoC. It is also expected to run on the latest Android 7.1 Nougat based Nubia UI out of the box. The iconic red circle home button can be spotted beneath the display. However, the recently launched Nubia M and N series devices came with the front facing physical home button.
- While Xiaomi is yet to launch any of their smartphones in the U.S, recently the company entered the Mexican market. The entry-level Redmi 4X and Redmi Note 4 are first set to devices to be made available in the North American nation. The company already has its market presence in the Asia, Middle East, Poland, Russia, and Brazil. The Redmi 4X is priced at MXN 3,999 (approx $215 / Rs. 13,750), while the Redmi Note 4 costs MXN 5,499 (approx $295 /Rs. 18,900). Both these devices will be sold through major online and offline retail stores in the country. The device will be running on the highly customized MIUI based on the Android OS. According to the company, Mexico is a major market for Xiaomi to reach other Latin American countries. Xiaomi also launched the Mi Community app that can be downloaded from the Google Play store.
- Gionee will be launching a new high-end smartphone called Gionee S10 in the next couple of weeks. While the company already launched a smartphone equipped with dual camera setup, this new device will come with the dual-lens camera on the front and back of the device. On the front, it sports a 20MP and 8MP sensors whereas, this is same camera setup Vivo also offers with the Vivo V5 Plus. There is also a 16MP and 8MP sensors on the rear of the Gionee S10. The device comes powered by MediaTek MT6755 octa-core processor and packs 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage. It sports a 5.5-inch display with Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution. The device will be backed by a 3700mAh battery and runs on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat based Amigo UI. The physical home button placed on the front also come with an integrated fingerprint sensor.
- At the Snapdragon Tech Day event held in Singapore, Qualcomm launched the two mid-range mobile processors called Snapdragon 630 and Snapdragon 660. The Snapdragon 630 SoC will be an upgraded variant of the Snapdragon 625 SoC, whereas the Snapdragon 660 SoC is the successor to the Snapdragon 653 SoC. Both these new processors are built on the 14nm FinFET process and are said to bring the advanced photography and enhanced gaming to the Snapdragon 600 series chipsets. The Snapdragon 660 processor will be using the custom Kryp 260 cores along with Adreno 512 GPU and Hexagon 680 DSP. We can find the X12 LTE modem and Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP on these new chipsets. They also support the Qualcomm’s latest Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging technology and Bluetooth 5.0. The Snapdragon 660 powered devices can be expected to launch in the next month, while the Snapdragon 630 SoC will be available to its partners in the Q3 2017.
- Last week, Coolpad launched a new smartphone called Cool Play 6 in China. As seen with the Cool 1 Dual, the new Cool Play 6 also comes with dual camera setup featuring two 13MP sensors. Interestingly, the device will be running on the all new Journey UI 1.0 based on the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. Under the hood is the Snapdragon 653 SoC along with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. For selfies, there is an 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture. It is backed by a 4,060mAh battery that is mentioned to last up to 252 hours on standby mode. Apart from the slight change in design, the Cool Play 6 packs almost the same specs as the last years Cool 1 Dual. However, the Cool 1 Dual came with the LeEco eUI based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Even the Cool logo which is on the Cool 1 Dual is missing on this new device. It measures 152 x 75.2 x 8.45 mm and weighs almost 170 grams.
Vivo Z3 with Waterdrop Display & Dual Turbo Technology Launched in China
Asus Launches Zenfone Max M1 & Zenfone Lite L1 Budget Smartphones in India
Huawei Watch GT Smartwatch Announced with Real-Time Heartrate monitoring
Meizu Note 8 to be Announced on October 25 with 3500mAh & 4GB RAM
Huawei Band 3 Pro Announced with 0.95” AMOLED Color Display
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Flagship Smartphone Announced with Triple rear cameras
Nokia X7 Smartphone Announced with 6.18” Display, 6GB RAM & Dual Cameras
Lenovo A5 with 13MP Camera & 4000mAh Battery Launched from Rs 5,999
Lenovo K9 with HD+ 18:9 Display & Quad Cameras Launched for Rs 8,999
Honor 8X Smartphone Review – Beauty & Performance, Power Packed
Duracell Power Bank – Quality & Trust Power Packed
Samsung Galaxy A9s with Quad Rear Cameras Leaked Ahead of the Official Launch
Honor 8C Announced with 6.26” Display, Snapdragon 632 SoC & 4000mAh Battery
Honor 8X Smartphone Review – Beauty & Performance, Power Packed
Lenovo S5 Pro Might Sport Six Cameras, Launching on October 18th in China
Nokia 3.1 Plus with 6″ HD+ Display & 13MP Dual Cameras Launched
Black Shark Gaming Phone Global Version to be Launched soon
Samsung Launches Galaxy A9 (2018) with Four Rear Cameras & 6.3″ sAMOLED Display
Insta360 ONE X 5.7K 360 degree Action Camera Announced with FlowState Stabilisation
Huawei Watch GT Smartwatch will run Custom Software on an efficient Cortex-M4 CPU