Here is the latest wrap-up covering all the announcements and updates from the mobile industry. We have seen some affordable 4G smartphones and also decent mid-range devices launched in Indian market. We had also seen the launch of the latest flagship smartphone OnePlus 3 last week. Almost all the recently launched devices offer 4G LTE support.
Below are the recently launched devices with pricing and specifications details.
- Bluetooth Special Intrest Group had officially announced the latest Bluetooth 5 technology. It is said to be available starting from the end of 2016 or early 2017, but the devices using Bluetooth 5 will be only launched sometime in 2017. Compared to the current generation Bluetooth 4.2, the upcoming technology will offer 2X speeds and 4X longer range, that too with lesser power consumption. The Bluetooth 5 will also become a prominent feature in IoT and Wearable devices by offering 800% higher data transfers. The SIG is also expecting the Bluetooth technology to be included in over one-third of the total IoT devices by 2020.
- Even before the official launch of OnePlus 3, we came to know everything about the device with Amazon listing and Paper Ads. As rumors suggested, there is no 4GB of RAM variant and only available with a whopping 6GB of RAM. It has a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display with Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution) and is powered by Snapdragon 820 SoC. There is 64GB of storage along with a 16MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera. It is backed by a 3,000mAh battery with Dash Charge support that gives 60% of charging in just 30 minutes. It is priced at Rs. 27,999 in India; $399 in the U.S and EUR 399 in EU countries. In India, the company offering few premium services for free like one year of accidental damage protection.
- Reliance Smartphone brand, LYF two new VoLTE enabled smartphones LYF Wind 1 and Water 7 last week in the market. The Wind 1 comes with a price tag of Rs. 6,899 while the Water 7 is priced at Rs. 12,999. The company is also offering free Jio 4G SIM along with the every purchase at Reliance Digital store that includes unlimited 4G LTE data, voice calls, and SMS for free for the first three months. While the Wind 1 features polycarbonate body with basic specifications, the Water 7 sports metal body and also includes a fingerprint sensor. Both the devices run on Android 5.1 Lollipop, and we aren’t expecting Marshmallow update anytime soon.
- After launching the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus earlier this year in India, the company last week announced a new lite variant called Vibe K5. It will go on sale starting from June 22nd exclusively on Amazon and is priced at Rs. 6,999. The device comes with a 5-inch HD display and comes powered by Snapdragon 415 octa-core processor. It includes 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage that can be further expandable via MicroSD card slot. On the camera front, there is a 13MP rear shooter and a 5MP front shooter for selfies. The device is kept powered on by a 2,750mAh battery and measures 8.2mm thickness. It includes dual SIM card slots with 4G LTE support.
- Honor 5C is the latest budget smartphone which will replace the last years Honor 4C. It is already available in China and will be launching in Indian and European countries later this week. It sports a 5.2-inch Full HD display and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. It is powered by Kirin 650 SoC which is built on a 16nm FinFet process. The metal build device also includes 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage along with a MicroSD card slot. There is a 13MP rear camera, an 8MP front camera, and a 3,000mAh battery. It also packs a fingerprint sensor placed in the back. It measures 147.1 x 73.8 x 8.3 mm and weighs about 156 grams.
- After showcasing the LG X Screen and X Cam, the company unveiled the new X Power, X Style, X Mach, and X Max smartphones. While the X Power and X Style are already launched in Ukraine, the X Mach and X Max are completely new devices. The LG X Max is said to sport a huge display for better consumption of multimedia content. On the other hand, the X Mach features a 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS display and comes powered by 1.8GHz octa-core processor. It also includes a 12.3MP rear camera, an 8MP front camera, and a 3,000mAh battery. The X Mach is also mentioned to support three carrier aggregation (3CA) with Cat.9 LTE, which offers data speeds upto 300Mbps.
- Panasonic P75 is the latest entry-level smartphone launched last week in the Indian market. It is priced at Rs. 5,990 and comes with decent specifications but misses the 4G LTE connectivity. The USP of the device is its massive 5,000mAh battery that can easily last for a couple of days since the device packs basic specifications. The plastic build P75 features a 5-inch HD IPS display and runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop with the Sail UI overlaid. It is powered by an unknown quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage. There is an 8MP primary camera with dual tone LED flash and a 5MP selfie camera on the front.