The latest wrap-up covering all the announcements and updates from the last week is here. We have seen some super affordable 4G smartphones launched by Indian brands. Lenovo also launched some interesting devices at the Tech World 2016. Few of the devices that are already launched in China are made available in India last week. Almost all the recently launched devices offer 4G LTE connectivity. Below are the recently launched devices with pricing and specifications details.
- After launching the Galaxy J3 2016, Samsung came with a new device called Galaxy J3 Pro for the Chinese market. It comes with a polycarbonate body with a metal-like finish on the rear. It comes with a 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) resolution display same as Galaxy J3 2016. It is powered by Snapdragon quad-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz along with 2GB of RAM. There is 16GB of onboard storage that can be further expanded via MicroSD card slot. In the camera department, it has an 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and 5MP front camera for selfies. It supports dual SIM dual standby with 4G LTE connectivity and is backed by a 2,600mAh battery.
- LYF had launched the Wind 5 and Water 7 4G smartphone in the market last week. Both the devices run on Android 5.1 Lollipop with dual SIM dual standby connectivity. The Wind 5 comes with a 5-inch HD display and the Water 7 sports a 5.5-inch display with Full HD resolution. Both the smartphones offers 4G LTE with VoLTE and VoWiFi support. The Wind 5 packs an 8MP rear camera while Water 7 sports a 13MP camera. On the front, both the devices have a 5MP camera. The Wind 5 is priced at Rs. 6,599 while the Water 7 costs Rs. 12,999. The Water 7 features an Aluminum built body with a fingerprint sensor placed on the rear.
- LeEco launched the latest Le 2 and Le Max 2 smartphones in the Indian market. Both the devices skip the 3.5mm audio port and include the earphones with USB Type-C port. The Le 2 with 5.5-inch Full HD display and Snapdragon 652 processor is priced at Rs. 11,999 while the Le Max 2 with 5.7-inch Quad HD display and flagship Snapdragon 820 SoC costs 22,999 (4GB RAM variant). The Le Max 2 also comes with 6GB of RAM and will be the first smartphone to launch in India with such a high capacity. The devices will be available for registration on June 20th, and the first sale will happen on June 28th exclusively on Flipkart.
- The leaked images of the Galaxy Note 7 (a.k.a Galaxy Note 6) suggests the device to feature dual edge display along with USB Type-C port. The device is said to measure 153 x 74.5 x 7.8 mm. While the Galaxy Note Edge launched in 2014 is the only smartphone in the Galaxy Note lineup to feature edge display. The rumored specifications suggest the device to feature 5.8-inch Quad HD display coupled with Snapdragon 823 quad-core processor along with 6GB of RAM. The 12MP dual pixel camera featured on Galaxy S7 will also be continued to this device. Along with the Fingerprint sensor, there is an IRIS scanner for making the device even more secure.
- Micromax launched the latest 4G smartphone Canvas Amaze 2 last week as the successor for last years Canvas Amaze. It is priced at Rs. 7,499 and is exclusively sold online through Flipkart. It sports a 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. It is powered by 64-bit Snapdragon 415 octa-core processor and packs 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop and includes several pre-installed bloatware apps. It has a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front camera. With all these specifications, the device is kept powered on by a 2,500mAH battery.
- Another Indian smartphone manufacturer, Intex launched the most affordable 4G LTE smartphone Intex Cloud Glory 4G priced at Rs. 3,999. Even the LYF Flame 3, Flame 4, and Flame 6 also offers 4G connectivity and are priced at Rs. 3,999. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. The device sports a 4.5-inch FWVGA (854 x 480 pixels) display and is powered MediaTek MT6735P processor. There is 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage while the LYF devices are limited to just 512MB of RAM. It as a 5MP primary camera, 2MP front camera, and an 1800mAh battery. It is sold through Flipkart and will be available in White and Black colors.
- Lenovo launched the Moto Z and Moto Z Force at the Lenovo Tech World last week. The devices come with a 5.5-inch Quad HD display and are powered by Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor. There is 4GB of RAM and comes with 32GB and 64GB storage variants. The device also supports modular magnetic panels called Moto Mods on the rear with the 16-pin setup. Both the devices miss the 3.5mm audio port and package include USB Type-C to 3.5mm audio port converter. There is a 13MP rear camera with OIS and a 5MP front camera for selfies on the Moto Z while the Moto Z Force has a 21MP rear camera. The devices run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
- Lenovo also showcased the foldable Folio tablet and a bendable Cplus smartphone running on Android OS. The company also launched the Phab 2, Phab 2 Plus, and Phab 2 Pro alongside the Moto Z launch. The Phab 2 Pro is the first Tango phone that will be available for public at a price fo $499. It comes with 6.4-inch QuadHD display and is powered by Snapdragon 652 octa-core processor. It has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage and a 4,050mAh battery. It has dual 13MP sensors with several other sensors including depth sensor for internal navigation and 3D mapping. For selfies, there is an 8MP front camera.