Steps to Get Jio 4G SIM & Activate Jio Preview Offer with Micromax Smartphones
The Reliance‘s Jio 4G service is now running in the beta phase and is expected to go mainstream in next few weeks. From early 2016, Jio started bundling a free Jio 4G SIM with every LYF smartphone, and it includes Jio Preview Offer (JPO) activated for next three months. With the JPO activated SIM, the user gets unlimited usage of 4G data, calls, and SMS for free. Later, the company expanded JPO to Samsung and LG smartphones that support 4G VoLTE.
Now, Micromax is the first Indian smartphone brand to get the Jio 4G SIM with unlimited preview offer. Since the Jio 4G SIM works only on the 4G device, not all the Micromax smartphones are compatible to get a free Jio SIM. Below is the list of Micromax smartphones and tablets that support Jio 4G SIM.
- Micromax Canvas Tab P701
- Micromax Bolt Selfie
- Micromax Canvas Unite 4 Pro
- Micromax Canvas Mega 2
- Micromax Canvas 5
- Micromax Canvas 5 Lite Special Edition
- Micromax Canvas Knight 2
Steps to get a free Jio 4G SIM with unlimited Jio Preview Offer:
- While the LG and Samsung users need to generate the code through MyJio app to get the same, Micromax users can directly walk with their VoLTE supported device and documents to get the SIM.
- Go to your nearby Reliance Digital or Digital Xpress store.
- The user must submit an ID proof, address proof, along with two passport sized photographs.
- Once the documents are verified, you will get a unactivated SIM.
- It will take at least 24-48 hours for SIM card activation, any way you will be informed through an SMS on your alternative number.
- Once the Jio 4G SIM is activated, insert the Jio 4G SIM in first SIM slot of your VoLTE supported device.
- Dial 1977 for tele-verification and now install and open the My Jio app.
- From now on, use the Jio 4G mobile data instead of Wi-Fi (note: unlimited offer still not activated).
- On the home screen 0f My Jio app, you will option to install other Jio apps.
- You can install all the eleven apps or mainly Jio Play, Jio Beats, Jio Video-on-Demand, and Jio Money.
- Onc the above mentioned apps are installed, close and reopen the My Jio app.
- There you will see ‘Submit’ option, tap on that to enable JPO for the next 90 days.
If you still face any problems, comment down and we will try to help you in activated the JPO.