The Government of India has launched a malware analysis center called the Cyber Swachhta Kendra (CSK). This is a new desktop and mobile security solution in order to maintain a secure cyberspace in the country. Apart from this, the Govt. also launched a security and anti-theft solution for mobile phones called M-Kavach. In laymen terms, the M-Kavach is a mobile device security solution for Android devices which addresses various issues & threats related to mobile phones.
Features of M-Kavach
- The app blocks unwanted calls and SMS.
- Restricts the access to certain critical application like Mobile wallets, media apps, etc.
- Access to certain hardware resources like WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera and MobileData is also controlled.
- Allows remote wiping of contacts & call-logs using SMS.
- The app also allows to remotely perform a factory reset of the device with the help SMS.
- Also has an option to backup and restore your device easily.
The M-Kavach app is supported on devices running Android Version 4.4, 5.0 & 6.x; as of now and you can download the app from the link given below –
[appbox googleplay org.cdac.mkavach]