If you have been an iOS user for a while, then you probably already know that jailbreaking your device is the only way to get the most of out it. But again, at the same time, you also probably also know that jailbreaking has its own issues even before you take into account any potential security concerns. Apple is constantly trying to find ways of stopping jailbreaking even being possible. But there are ways to get a bit out of jailbreak and Cydia experience without having to go through all the issues and not having to bother with all the concerns. Zestia is the way to go for you if you don’t want to over-complicate things.
Zestia (previously known as X-Cydia) is a better alternative to stock iOS for many, but it comes with its limitations. This is worth checking out if you don’t want to jailbreak and enjoy some of the features which you won’t get with the stock OS.
Here is a step-by-step procedure on how to install Zestia on your device:
- In your browser, open the website zestia.lmdinteractive.com and then click “Install Zestia”.
- Open the setup page of the profile. Click Install in the upper right corner and enter the password if required.
- Press the Install button when asked, then Finish.
- Now when you return to the home screen, there you will find a new icon Zestia. Open the program.
- Select the app you want to install and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once done, go back to home and open Settings and go to General > profile and then tap the name of the app that you just installed.
- Tap the Trust option and then tap Trust again on the modal box that appears afterward.
That’s it, now launch your newly downloaded app. By following this not so complicated procedure, you can now download apps that might never make it to the Appstore. If this is not enough, then full jailbreak is the way to go for you, as it allows better customization options, etc. But you might want to consider using the new iOS 10 that the company will be rolling out to the users this fall. It has variety of new features to make the most out of your device. You can check out the new features in iOS 10 here. Let us know what do you prefer? Zestia or a fully jailbroken iOS device or you like to keep it stock.