Have you ever crossed with a situation in your life when you searched for an address on Google Maps in urgency and after couple weeks you have to go there and you can’t seem to find the full address anywhere much less on Google Maps. Well I had this situation a week ago and at first, I couldn’t figure out what is the best way to find that address on the Maps application, but now I do. So, if you have ever stuck in such situation while searching for an address then let me assure you it isn’t as hard of a task.
Turns out whatever you do in the world of Google is saved and you can definitely go back to dig what it is that you searched, say a month ago, even a year, I guess so. Tapping into that feature on the Google Maps application we would be guiding you how you can Find that address and then even delete if you don’t like Google creeping up on you. Follow the simple instructions given below and you’ll fulfill the purpose of stumbling upon this guide.
Note: Only you and Google can access the Maps history of your account, which retrospectively is a good thing. Also, make sure you’re signed in to your Google account where you think you might have searched.
Find the Maps History
- Step 1: The simplest way to find Google Search history for that address is you directly go to Google Maps App on your Android Smartphone.
- Step 2: Now tap on the menu option located on the top left side of the app home screen.
- Step 3: Once you go to the menu, scroll down the list to tap on the Settings option.
- Step 4: The newly opened list should have an option named Maps history, which is your window to the mysterious address you’re so hell bent to find. You must tap on it.
- Step 5: Tapping on the Maps history would open a list of locations you have searched. Browse through the list and hopefully, you’ll find what you are looking for.
It can be totally possible that you might have searched for the address while you were not signed in and that may be the reason for that search not getting logged into your search Archives. Now don’t get upset here, it happens.
Delete the Maps History
- Step 1: Deleting the maps history is quite easy as well. Don’t close the window which was opened when you were on Step 5 of above procedure. Tap on the cross icon in front of the address you want to remove.
- Step 2: Now a window will pop asking whether you want to cancel or delete the address.
- Step 3: Click on the delete if you’re sure you don’t want that to be stored by Google. Just remember it would be permanently removed from Maps history, as well as the activities related to this place.
Now you know how to find and delete the Google Maps history, so as you see all the data is there, you just had to ask the right question and follow the steps. It’s not a hard task. By the way all your data is private, no one can search for it unless you have given them your Google credentials. I hope this guide served you well. There is few more Google Maps guide if you’re interested in mastering the Maps application. Following are few of them.