Best App to Switch from any Mobile to Samsung Phone & Transfer Media Apps
Are you a Samsung smartphone user? Had a plan to purchase new Samsung Galaxy device? Then you might have a worry about transferring the files and apps from your old device to the new Galaxy device. If that’s yes, then just chill as we are going to discuss the new Smart Switch app using which you can easily transfer all the data from your old device to your all-new Galaxy device.
Transfer everything from your old Galaxy S6 to your new Galaxy S6 edge using this app as this is the fastest and safest way to do so. With Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app you transfer almost anything from one device to the Galaxy device, and it lets you do that with a simple process. All you need to do is, download and install the Smart Switch Mobile app on both of your phones and get ready.
- Process to transfer data from old device to new Galaxy device
- Process to pair the devices
- Process to transfer data from old device to new Galaxy device using microSD card
How to transfer data from old device to your new Galaxy device
- Make sure you have Smart switch mobile app on both of your devices.
- Open the app in both devices and you will see few instructions and a ‘Connect’ button.
- Tap on the ‘Connect’ button on both devices and after few seconds connection will be established.
- Now, all the data in your phone like contacts, messages, multimedia files, etc. will be checked on both devices, and you need to select which files you need to transfer to your old device.
- Uncheck the files in your new device and tap on the ‘Transfer’ button on the old device after selecting the files.
- You will receive a prompt message on the galaxy device for confirmation, so go on and tap on Ok.
- It takes some time for transferring the files and once done you will be prompted with the same and tap on ‘Done’.
- That’s all, now check the new Galaxy device and all your data will be available which is previously on your old device.
- Install the apps received from the older device and start using them on your new Galaxy device.
How to Pair Devices
Two devices can be paired using audio or manual connection. For Audio connection, put the two devices side by side not exceeding 10 cm and open the apps on both devices by confirming ‘Sending device’ on the old phone and ‘Receiving device’ on new galaxy phone. That’s all; now the connection will be established after tapping on ‘Connect.’
If both of your devices are not connected via an audio connection, then you can go for manual connection by clicking on ‘Connect the devices manually’ which you will get prompted. Then you need to enter the pin on the new device which is shown in the old device and tap on ‘Connect’. That’s all, now both of your devices will be connected, and you can start the transfer process.
How to transfer the data from your old device to Galaxy device via microSD card
- You can also transfer the data using the microSD card without connecting both devices, and this also can be done using the Smart Switch app.
- Open the app in your old device and tap on ‘More’ on the top of your screen.
- Now, tap on ‘Transfer via SD card’ and then select ‘Back Up’.
- Next, choose everything which you need to take a backup and tap on the ‘Backup’ at the bottom of your screen.
- If you wish to set a password for the backup, then you can do so by tapping on ‘Settings’ on a prompt window and tap ‘Cancel’ if you don’t wish to set a password.
- Once the backup is done, remove the SD card and re-insert it into your new device.
- Open the Smart Switch Mobile app on your new device and tap on ‘More’ just like above.
- Now, select ‘Transfer via SD card’ and select ‘Restore’.
- Once the restoration process is done, tap on finish.
- That’s all; now you have successfully transferred all your data via microSD card using this app.
You might wonder how easy is the process of transferring the data using this app, but the deal is that this app will work specifically on the devices which are running Android version 4.0 or higher and on compatible devices only. The complete list of the devices which are compatible for the file transfers can be seen in the app store.
Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app works every efficiently for the compatible devices and surprisingly, it is very fast and easy to use. You can transfer contacts, calendar, messages, call logs, alarms, WiFi settings, multimedia content and few more. You can edit the multimedia files and videos which you want to transfer and can choose only particular data as per your wish.
Even it can transfer the data from your Apple, Nokia, and Blackberry phones to MAC using Smart Switch MAC and it also has Smart Switch PC for Windows users to keep the data backup. Check for the compatibility of your device and proceed further with this app.