It’s not long since Google has finally released their long awaited Android L update. Ladoo anyone? Ok, let’s get to the point. It’s the Android Lollipop version released, and thus are the questions already asked about the update for the smartphones that users have already purchased. HTC had previously mentioned that they’d release the Android L update within 90 days of receiving the Android L source code/ SDK.
Remember, once Google releases Lollipop code, we’ll deliver updates to One devices within 90 days. #HTCAdvantage
— HTC USA (@HTCUSA) October 15, 2014
Now that Android Lollipop is here (well, almost). LlabTooFer just shared some info regarding Android 5.0 Lollipop update plan for HTC devices.
- HTC One (M8) and HTC One (M7) are the first to get Android 5.0
- Timeframe for GPE is late November-December and for Sense based devices January-February.
- HTC Desire EYE, HTC One (M8) Dual SIM, HTC One (M7) Dual SIM, HTC One (E8), HTC One (E8) Dual SIM and HTC Butterfly 2 would receive updates in January-March.
- HTC One Mini 2, Desire 816 more likely to get updates in March-April
- HTC One Max, HTC One Mini and HTC Butterfly S most likely to receive update in March-May
- Other devices from Desire line especially that are based on MTK processors are still under evaluation and I can’t say anything specific about them, as they are produced on ODM bases, so software development is mainly lay on ODMs.
I personally can’t wait to try out Android Lollipop on my M8. Of course Sense 7 won’t come out so soon but we can hope for Sense 6.1 or 6.5. It’s not just about new Android virtual keys but lot more! Stay tuned as things unfold in future.
For the other phones, check the Android Lollipop update status, with the confirmed list of smartphones that are going to receive the Lollipop update in the near future.