Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 gets Android N Update based on MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM
Xiaomi has recently unveiled its Redmi Note 4 and is also going for sale. For further excitement, the company has decided to release the first Android N Update based on MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM for the device. Well, this new changelog is only supported for the Redmi Note 4 and is not stable for now and has potential issues. Do make sure you read all the instructions carefully before proceeding.
It is also mentioned that the new UI will be offering many new functions and features. The flashing of the handset can be done from either Recovery mode or Fastboot mode. Let us look at the steps that involve in flashing or updating the ROM.
• Make sure all the date is backed up to be on the safer side
• The battery on the device should be more than 50%, or else it should be charge before proceeding
• Go to the setting option from the device and then proceed to Additional settings. Now select the Backup and reset option by going to the local backup then select Backup.
• The backup file will be created in the internal storage> MIUI>Backup and then backup. This file can be copied on the PC or any other storage device.
• After updating the ROM, copy the file and then move to the settings >additional settings>Backup & Reset and then Local backup where you can find the backup file, now click on it to restore the saved data.
Before flashing to the new Beta on your Note 4, make sure that you have the bootloader unlocked and you should also be on the latest MIUI stable/beta built. The download link is also provided here for the users, and we would like to hear from you about the new update. Do comment in the section below for more queries and stay tuned to PhoneRadar.