When it comes to Music Streaming services, there are a plenty of options to choose from. It also depends on the type of music you prefer to listen and what are the different features being offered by the service. And when you look at the options to go with, you have a variety of different ones like Spotify, Apple Music, Saavn, Gaana, Jio Music, etc. The list goes on and on as there are a bunch of them. But they offer the same content packaged differently.
Streaming services like Spotify offers great content on the go, but the only issue is that the Free users are limited to very fewer features. Spotify as an application offers an ability to users to be able to create, share & seamlessly take your playlist to any device. But unfortunately, as I mentioned earlier, not all the features are free. In order to enjoy the complete experience, you need to purchase the Premium membership for the same.
If you are one of those users who have the root access to your Android smartphone and is using a Xposed Framework, then you can easily bypass the limitation and enjoy them free quite easily. But what about others? Well, there is an alternate way to achieve the same and enjoy the premium features for free on Android devices. And today I am going to show you how to do that.
Features you get with Spotify Premium –
- You can listen to songs in HD quality by default (streaming speeds depends on the network connection).
- No ads interruption in between the songs.
- Ability to download the songs offline and play it whenever you want, without having to need an active internet connection.
- Create, share and take the playlist across all the devices on the go.
To clear the air first, you don’t need any root access or anything as such. All you have to do is download this modified Spotify APK developed by a developer over at XDA. Installing this APK should do the trick just fine. Now without wasting any more time, let’s just quickly take a look at the steps that you need to follow in order to get unlock the Premium Features of Spotify for free.
- First, you need to download and install the modified APK that i talked about earlier. Since it is a modified one, it cannot be hosted on Google Play Store and to save you some time and work, you can download the Modified Spotify APK here. (The APK will work only on devices with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and Android N)
- Do make a note here that you must enable the option that allows app installation from “Unknown Sources.”
- Once you have successfully downloaded the APK, install the same. Make sure you have uninstalled the official Spotify app on your device if you have already installed it.
- Login to the Spotify Premium App using your Spotify Credentials.
- Note that Facebook credentials might not work with the modified app, hence log in using the email.
- If you are trying to use the service from a location where Spotify is not available, then check out the article on ‘How to Install, Signup & Use Spotify from an unavailable location’ to get the workaround for that.
- Well, that’s it. Once logged in, the application will load the main menu of the Spotify app, and now you will be able to enjoy the premium features such as unlimited skips as well as choose the specific tracks to play as you wish.
The only thing to note here is the fact that since it is not available on the Google Play Store, you can’t possibly update the app through the Play Store. In order to update the same, you can always check back with the APK download page here in future for releases or updates. Do let us know in the comments below if this worked for you or not. Also, if you have any queries regarding the same then drop them in the comments as well.
Note – This tutorial is for educational purpose only and we are not the developers of the same nor we are promoting it.