This week has got us all excited for particularly one handset, Samsung Galaxy S7 because we have finally got our hands on with the device. While we prepare to post our detailed review soon, in the meantime we are bringing you a small dosage of what new features the latest Galaxy phones; S7 & S7 Edge, have packed. And this Clipboard is one of them.
Well, it isn’t exactly a new feature, if you’re a regular Samsung user; you’ll be familiar with copy and paste text feature. But on new handsets, it has improved a lot; or rather I should say it has become much more streamlined. Before we dive into this on how to use the feature, let me explain it in short what it is about. It will help you in duplicating or moving copied text with ease from one app to another. As all the copied text would be saved to the clipboard, what it means is that you can’t only paste a text that you copied just now, but paste recently copied texts too. As long as you haven’t cleared everything from the clipboard.
How to Access the Clipboard on Samsung Galaxy S7
It might not be your first time that you’re copying text, or even taking a screenshot on your Samsung device. Then, you will be able to easily access the clipboard from a text entry field in any app. But for explanation purpose, we will access the clipboard from a text entry field while composing a new tweet in Twitter app. Below we have mentioned few steps on how you can access the Clipboard feature on the Galaxy S7.
- Copy a text from any app, or maybe take a screenshot if you like.
- Now open Twitter app on your device, and then tap on the lower left icon to compose a new tweet.
- Long tapping in the message field will open a popup, now if you copied something just now, then you’ll see two options; paste and clipboard, if not, then only one option; clipboard.
- Tapping on the clipboard will display all the recently copied text/pictures in the keyboard area.
- You can browse through the text/pictures, but unfortunately only text can be selected. Once you select the item, it will be entered into the message field.
- If you want to erase all the copied items on your clipboard, then, just tap on the Delete All option, you’ll be asked to confirm, tap on Delete and all items would be erased.
Hope above steps has helped you in understanding the clipboard feature and how it performs. Check out the full tips page to know any tricks, and learn about other options on the Samsung Galaxy S7.