After the launch of the new Galaxy Note 7 in India, the company opened up pre-booking for the device. It also comes with a VR bundle offer, where you can pre-book the device and claim a Gear VR for just 1,990 INR. Now the company just announced that the same offer will be valid for Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge as well. So now you can buy a Galaxy S7 or an S7 Edge between 22nd and 30th September and activate it between the same dates, then you can get the new Gear VR for just 1,990 INR.
To do so, you can enrol in MyGalaxy application by 15th November and redeem the coupon on eStore by 15th November. It’s good to see that the company is still rolling out these offers for the previously launched devices as well. The prices of the Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge also dropped by 5000 recently, so this is definitely a great deal if you are in the market for this.
Earlier: The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Galaxy S7 are launched today here in India and are already available to pre-book. According to the company, those who pre-book the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge starting from March 8th to March 17th will receive a Gear VR, which is now retailing at Rs. 7,900 for free. While in China, the devices were launched yesterday and unlike the other markets, the company offered a 20% discount instead of a free Gear VR.
While many of the Chinese brands offers the discount at the time of launch, we are seeing this for the time for a global brand. The pre-orders in the U.S, Australia and few European markets will also receive a free Gear VR, the process of claiming the freebie is little difficult in India. In Australia, the free Gear VR will be shipped along with the pre-ordered device, but in India. As of now, the device is available to pre-order online via Samsung India’s official estore and Flipkart and through offline it can be booked through selected Samsung stores.
Pre-Book through Online Store
In case, if you are trying to book the Galaxy S7 or the S7 Edge through Flipkart, then you might not be eligible to claim the free Gear VR. After successfully placing the pre-order, the device will be shipped after March 18th and the delivery time will be anywhere from 3-5 days. Once the device is delivered, it should be activated by April 7th to successfully claim the free Gear VR or else you will not the receive the free gift.
Pre-Book through Offline Store
The device can pre-book through offline Samsung store by paying Rs. 2,000 and it should be purchased and activated by paying the remaining amount by March 31st. Incase failing to purchase or activate the device before the specified time will not the eligible to claim the free Gear VR. One more thing to note is that the device should be activated by using the same mobile number mentioned while pre-ordering.
Once the devices are successfully activated by using the same mobile number mentioned for pre-booking, now follow the below steps to receive the free Gear VR:
- Download the ‘My Galaxy’ app from the Play Store to your new Galaxy device and sign-in if you already have an account or enroll as a new user.
- The mobile number should be same that was used for pre-booking and activating the device.
- Failing to enroll or sign-in to the My Galaxy app by April 30th will also result in loosing the opportunity to receive the free Gear VR.
- After successful sign-in, the free Gear VR offer can be found from the second day of activating the device.
- Once you found the offer in your ‘My Galaxy’ app, click on that to generate the coupon.
- The generated coupons can be used only once and that too for purchasing the GearVR. It will is valid until 30th April 2016.
- Now open the Samsung India’s eStore, and buy the Gear VR using the redeemed coupon.
- It will be delivered within 90 days from March 18th, i.e.; June 15th.
Note: The free Gear VR offer for the pre-orders of Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge is now available on Flipkart.