PhoneRadar Report – Episode 1
It is the end of another week, and we are here with the PhoneRadar Report. It is our new show where we would be covering latest in all mobile industry.
Starting with the announcements in India:
- This week we saw the launch of Xiaomi Mi4 on January 28 while the registrations for the device have already started for the February 10 sale on Flipkart. The 5″ Device is priced at 19,999 & will be coming with MIUI 6 ROM. It packs 801 Snapdragon chipset, 3GB RAM, 13MP rear & 8MP front camera with a 3080mAh battery. The device comes with the only option of 16GB Internal Storage and has no option of MicroSD card.
- Continuing the Talk about Android, the total shipments have surpassed 1 Billion for the First Time.
- OnePlus has announced their new OS, that’s the OxygenOS which would mostly be the replacement for the Cyanogenmod OS in the coming future.
Talking about the International Announcements:
- Saygus V2 the phone with 320GB Storage is available for pre-order at a price of $549. It comes with 5-inch Full HD display, 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, and 3GB RAM. It’s 320GB storage sums up as, 64GB internal memory with a support of two microSD card of 128GB. Other notable specs are 21MP rear camera, 13MP front facing camera and the 3100mAh massive battery rating.
- Talking about the rumors, the HTC One M9 is expected to come with Snapdragon 810 chipset, 3GB RAM & offcourse Lollipop OS out of the box. Also expecting them to ditch the 4MP Ultra Pixel module with a 20.7 MP shooter.
- On a side note the Galaxy S6’s chipset is still not confirmed, as they are not convinced to include the Snapdragon 810 due to heating issues seen in the earlier models.
This week we reviewed the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, quite possibly the most innovative phone from the company. While Samsung brought out the perfect smart phone with the Galaxy Note 4, the Note Edge is different, refreshing but far from the best. It comes packed with an additional edge screen & ample amount of options which are great for a new concept and we can certainly expect more from Samsung in this line up. Here’s the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Review.
App Report :
Coming to the App Report. This week you should check out QualityTime, an app which we have been using from the past few weeks. The application monitors your phone’s activity on the amount of time spent on the applications and gives you a timeline report which you can share. The important feature is that it gives you a summary of your Usage habits and makes you aware on what app you use the most and if you want get out of distractions you can enable the Take a Break Feature.
Stay tuned next week for the next report.