OnePlus launched its third iteration of the flagship killer handset in all its glory on June 14. Since then the company has been on sky high as the initial responses of the device among industry experts are pretty good. While as much as we would like to give you a detailed take, you can read our unique tests and comparisons done with OnePlus 3 handset.
After launching the OnePlus 3, the device was available to purchase in India within a couple of hours. For those who have purchased, it would have gotten a set of additional services for free. As we have mentioned that in our previous article, you get a premium subscription to a bunch of apps at no extra cost. Companies like Saavn, Idea Cellular, and Amazon has taken part in offering their premium service and credits in case of Amazon.
Though, you might know that apart from 12 months warranty for the handset and six months warranty for USB Type-C cable and power adaptor, the young brand is additionally offering 12 months of accidental damage protection for its OnePlus 3 handset for free. But you might be still missing out on that offer as it needs to be activated manually.
OnePlus doesn’t state that anywhere in its long list of terms and condition page, but it needs to done. Otherwise, you cannot claim the service. Below you can find the steps to enable the complimentary Accidental Protection Plan for OnePlus 3 in India.
Note: The below steps need to be done within ten days of purchase or seven days of physically receive your device.
- You need to download the OnePlus Care – Servify application from Google Play Store. Linked below.
- Launch the app after it’s finished installing. By swiping from the left, you’ll open the menu.
- Now head over to the “My Devices” tab.
- Choose the OnePlus 3 from the list of OnePlus devices listed there.
- Enter the SI No. or IMEI Number of your OP3 smartphone.
- You would have to tap on Bill/document option and add your invoice of the purchase. A clear picture of the invoice should suffice. Or get the invoice from My Order page on your Amazon account.
If you haven’t already signed in, then the app will prompt you to sign in. You have to enter your mobile number that you’re using on OP3. OTP needs to be requested and entered. Allow the app to go through the verifying procedure. Now you will be prompted to add the bill copy from Gallery or take a photo at that instant. Note that if you have already signed in before starting the above procedure, then you can directly upload the invoice and get done with it. After you’re done, the main page should show 12 months/ one-year warranty.