Android Marshmallow is the latest version of the Android that was launched by Google in the month of August and Nexus 5, Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 are the first three devices to get the developer preview of this version. Later Google has launched two new smartphones, i.e., the LG Nexus 5X and the Huawei Nexus 6P which were the first device to come with Android 6.0 out of the box. If you are using any of the Nexus devices and running out of space due to the bunch of applications installed on your device, then removing the unwanted applications will help you in enhancing the storage on your device. Android marshmallow is designed in such a way that it comes with a lot of hidden features and uninstalling an application from the home screen is one of those. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to uninstall apps directly from the home screen on your device.
- Step 1: Press and hold the app on your home screen that you want to uninstall.
- Step 2: Two options, i.e., Remove & Uninstall, appears on the Top of the screen. Now drag the app to the remove option, to remove from the home screen or else you can drag it to the Uninstall button.
- Step 3: A new pop-up stating “Do you want to uninstall this app?” is displayed on the screen. Now click on the Uninstall button. The app is successfully uninstalled from your device.
The other method is the traditional way of uninstalling an app from your device from the App Manager. If you don’t have any idea about that, then you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the app from your device.
- Step 1: Open the Settings from the App drawer and click on Apps in the device section.
- Step 2: In the new window, head over to the app that you want to uninstall and tap on it.
- Step 3: Now in the app info window, tap on the uninstall button, i.e., on the top right of the screen.
- Step 4: A new pop-up stating Do you want to uninstall the App is displayed on the screen. Now click on the yes button to proceed further.
The apps is successfully removed from your device. This is the general method which can be followed to remove apps from your device. You can also check the other Android Marshmallow Hidden features like File Manager, Battery Percentage, Quick settings customization, etc. If you have any other queries related to the Android M, you can drop us a message on the PhoneRadar Forums or else you can tweet us @phoneradarlog.