We all know that Nexus devices are the first ones to get the preview builds or even final software versions early. On the same lines, Google released the preview build of the new Android 7.0 Nougat for the Nexus devices and the same can be loaded manually, or you can update it OTA if you have signed up for the beta program. However, just when we thought that these builds would take a whole lot of time to reach other mainstream devices, Huawei accidently launched the OTA link, that updates their P9 smartphone to the beta build of Android 7.0 Nougat.
The captured link also includes the updated EMUI 5.0 skin as well. This new updates includes a bunch of changes and taking a look at the change logs; we see that the new update includes –
- Multi-user support
- Interactive Gestures
- A new power-saving mode (first time by Huawei)
- Optimized phone manager
- Optimized battery management & more.
If you are interested in installing this build, then continue to read to find the detailed guide o how to install it.
This would probably work only if you are on the latest stock build for the P9. So if you are on a custom ROM, then this will not work. If you are not on the stock version, then head over here and download the stock version and flash them before proceeding with this process. Also, since it is signed by Huawei, you don’t need an unlocked bootloader to update this, you can simply place using the simple step-by-step guide given below.
- Head over to this OTA link and download the file. There will be a bunch of builds, so look for EMUI-EVA-C900B040SP11-log. Note that these are only beta builds, so don’t expect them to work flawlessly.
- Once you have downloaded the OTA Zip file, place the downloaded file into the base directory of the internal storage or SD card.
- Now enter into the software update screen to install it.
- To do that, press power + both volume buttons while booting. Alternatively, you can also do this by entering the “ProjectMenu” settings screen by dialing *#*#2846579#*#* into the dialer app.
- Either way, you will be able to install the update from the OTA link downloaded, and you won’t face any issues while doing it.
Let us know if this worked for you and if you like the new build of EMUI 5.0. Stay tuned for more guides like this in future.