The latest wrap-up covering all the announcements and updates from the last week is now live. There aren’t many launches happened in the past seven days and but those few smartphones that are made available are the entry-level and mid-range devices. We have some information over the devices that will be launched in this week in India. There is also an interesting iPhone accessory unveiled in China that brings Android OS to iPhone. Below are the recently launched devices with pricing and specifications details.
- Lenovo will be launching their new smartphone in the K series called Vibe K5 Note in India on August 1st. The device was already launched in other Asian countries including China. The device will be the successor to the popular Vibe K4 Note and Vibe K3 Note. Unlike earlier devices, the Vibe K5 Note comes with a metal body. It sports a 5.5-inch 1080p display and will be powered by Helio P10 octa-core processor. The device features a 13MP PDAF rear camera and an 8MP front camera. It is backed by a 3,300mAh battery supported fast charging power adapter with 5V/2A output. This dual SIM device supports 4G LTE along with VoLTE. There is also a fingerprint sensor and 1.5W stereo speaker on the rear of the device.
- OPPO F1s is the latest smartphone from one of the fastest growing Chinese brand. After launching the OPPO F1 and F1 Plus earlier this year, the new OPPO F1s will be made official in India on August 3rd. We had exclusively got the first look images and the specifications details of the device that we shared last week. The design of the F1s looks similar to the F1 Plus with the oval shaped home button on the front. It sports a 5.5-inch HD display and is powered by MediaTek MT6750 octa-core processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. In the camera department, the F1s features a 13MP rear camera and a whopping 16MP front camera for high quality selfies. Sadly, the device still runs on the Android 5.1 Lollipop based ColorOS 3.0.
- After a couple of years, LG came with a good mid-range device though its till lacks the powerful specs to compete against the Chinese devices. The LG X Screen is the latest smartphone that was launched last week in India at a price of Rs. 12,990. One interesting feature that separates the X Screen from other devices is its Always-ON secondary display, it sports a 1.76-inch display placed on top of the 4.93-inch HD display. Users can customize the secondary display usage by adding custom text or app shortcuts, clock & others. It comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB of storage along with a MicroSD card slot. The device includes a 13MP rear camera, an 8MP front camera, and a 2300mAh battery. It measures just 7.1mm thick and offers 4G LTE connectivity.
- Last week, we had exclusively covered about one of the best accessories for iPhone. The MeSuit is an iPhone case that can make Android OS to run on top of an Apple iPhone. The MeSuit case is available for iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 6s Plus. It also brings the dual SIM capabilities to the iPhone along with additional 16GB of storage. The MeSuit i6 priced at 999 Yuan comes with 1700mAh additional battery while i6P case costing 1099 Yuan sports a slightly better 2,500mAh battery. The case also includes its own MT6753 processor and 2GB of RAM for running Android. The company also announced to bring the case for Android smartphones which brings iOS on top of Android.
- Meizu launched the new MX6 smartphone as the successor to the 2015 launched MX5. The device is priced at 1999 Yuan and is already on sale in China. It comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD display while the earlier launched Pro 6 came with an AMOLED panel. Under the hood is the Helio X20 deca-core processor clocked at 2.3GHz and coupled with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based Flyme OS 5.5 and supports dual SIM with 4G VoLTE. On the front is a fingerprint sensor that is said to unlock in just 0.2 seconds. On the camera front, the MX6 features a 12MP rear sensor and a 5 MP selfie shooter on the front. It is backed by a 3060mAh battery and supports fast charging with the help of mCharge technology.
- In February this year, Intex had unveiled the Intex Aqua Fish smartphone running on the Sailfish 2.0 OS. Now in July, the device is officially launched at a priced of Rs. 5,499. Though the device runs on Sailfish OS, the users can still use the Android apps on the device. It sports a 5-inch HD display and comes powered by Snapdragon quad-core processor clocked at 1.3GHz. The device also packs 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. It sports an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and a 2MP front camera. This device comes with dual SIM dual standby with 4G LTE support. As of now, it is exclusively sold through eBay, but the company announced to make the device available on Amazon, Flipkart, and Snapdeal in the next couple of weeks.