Here is the latest wrap-up covering all the announcements and updates from the mobile industry. We have seen some super affordable 4G smartphones launched by Indian brands. Few of the devices that are already available in the international markets are made available in India last week. Almost all the recently launched devices offers 4G LTE support. Below are the recently launched devices with pricing and specifications details.
- ASUS announced their latest smartphones Zenfone 3, Zenfone 3 Deluxe, Zenfone 3 Ultra at the Zenvolution event. The Zenfone 3 comes with a metal frame with glass on front and back, while Zenfone 3 Deluxe and Ultra sports an all metal body. The Zenfone 3 is the flagship smartphone for the company, it sports features a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display and is powered by Snapdragon 820 SoC and 6GB of RAM. Other Zenfone 3 variants are packed with Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor along with 4GB of RAM. All the three devices feature fingerprint sensor and USB Type-C port.
- After launching the HTC 10, HTC X9, and four other Desire Smartphones, the company made the last year’s One M9+ Prime Camera edition official in India. It is priced at Rs. 23,990 and comes with slightly larger 5.2-inch 1080p display compared to the 5-inch display of One M9 Prime Camera edition. Rest of the specifications remains same on both the devices. It is powered by Helio X10 octa-core processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. In the camera department, the device features 13MP rear camera with OIS and laser autofocus, and a 4MP Ultra Pixel camera. As of now the device is listed as ‘Out of Stock.’
- Sony launched the high-end Xperia X and Xperia XA smartphones in India at a price of Rs. 48,990 and Rs. 20,990 respectively. Both the smartphones come with dual SIM support and offers 4G LTE connectivity. The Xperia X features a 5-inch Full HD display, the Xperia X is limited to just HD resolution with the same 5-inch display. The Xperia X is powered by Snapdragon 652 octa-core processor along with 3GB RAM and 64GB of storage. On the other hand, the Xperia X comes with MediaTek MT6755 chipset and coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The Xperia X is exclusively sold online through Flipkart.
- The ZUK Z2 Pro was launched earlier this year with Snapdragon 820 SoC and 6GB of RAM. Now, the Lenovo’s sub-brand ZUK unveiled the ZUK Z2 at a priced of just 1799 Yuan. It comes with a 5-inch Full HD display and is powered by the Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with Adreno 530 GPU and 4GB of RAM. There is 64GB of internal storage and misses the expandable storage option. It has a 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and an 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture. The device kept powered on by a 3,500mAh battery which also supports fast charging. As of now there in no information about the international availability of the device.
- The Yureka Note is the first smartphone launched this year and in May, YU Televentures officially launched the new mid-range smartphone Yunicorn. It is priced at 12,999 for the first one month of sales and later it costs Rs. 13,499. The device comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display and is powered by Helio P10 octa-core processor. It includes 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal along with a MicroSD card slot. In the camera department, the Yunicorn features a 13MP primary camera with dual LED flash and a 5MP selfie camera on the front. The 4,000mAh battery on this device is rated to deliver 20 hours of talk time.
- Last week, the LG had officially launched its flagship device LG G5 here in India. It is priced at Rs. 52,990 and is exclusively sold through Flipkart. It comes with a 5.3-inch QuadHD display and runs on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. The device features a 5.3-inch Quad HD display and includes Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor. It has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a MicroSD card slot for expanding upto 200GB storage. The device features a 16MP dual rear camera with laser autofocus and an 8MP selfie camera on the front. The 2,800mAh removable battery keeps the device powered on.
- LYF Flame 6 is the latest affordable 4G smartphone after launching the Flame 3 and Flame 4. The Flame 6 is priced at just Rs. 3,999 and supports 4G LTE along with VoLTE and VOWiFi. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop and comes with 5-inch WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) display. It is powered by 1.5GHz quad-core processor and includes just 512MB of RAM and 4GB of storage. It is backed by a 1750mAh battery that is rated to deliver 4.5 hours of talk time. Along with Flame 3 and Flame 4, the Flame 6 is also the most affordable 4G LTE smartphone available in the Indian market. The users will also get a free a Jio SIM with three months of free 4G data and calls.
- OnePlus 3 will be officially launched on July 14th, but the company had announced a flash sale on June 6th in China where only 1,000 units will be available. The device is priced at 2,999 Yuan and comes in white color. It is expected to be launched with 6GB of RAM along with the regular 4GB RAM variant. The device comes with an all metal body with 5.5-inch Full HD display. It is powered by Snapdragon 820 chipset and might come in 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB storage variants. The Home button on the front comes with the fingerprint sensor. It has a 16MP rear camera, an 8MP front camera, and a 3,000mAh battery.
- The Swipe Elite Plus is the latest smartphone Indian smartphone manufacturer Swipe. The company had earlier launched the Elite, Elite 2, and Elite Note smartphone in the market. It is priced at Rs. 6,999 and comes with a 5-inch Full HD resolution IPS display and is powered by the Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor. The device also includes 2GB of RAM and 16GB of expandable storage. The device offers dual SIM dual standby and offers 4G LTE connectivity. It features a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and an 8MP front camera. The device is backed by a 3,050mAh battery that can last upto two days o mixed usage.