The South Korean mobile giant, Samsung, has been quite busy past a couple of days, apart from basking in the early Christmas as they are getting good sales figures and response of the latest Galaxy phones; S7 & S7 Edge, they have been rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to its premium devices users. The list – Galaxy S5, S6, S6 Edge and Note 5– is growing every day as the company is gradually rolling out updates to all its devices launched last year, with few exceptions.
Now we are getting news that Samsung has started to roll out an update for the S6 Edge+ as well, earlier it was in Malaysia, but now it has been showering the Marshmallow love to its Indian and French users, as reported by the users on their twitter handles. There is now official word from the regional officials in the countries, about these updates, but it was certainly the point when the company announced that they’ll start sending the Over-the-Air updates to a list of devices. It was announced in mid-February, even before the MWC event where the company launched its two new Galaxy handset. And they come with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
There is no change-log mentioned by the users, but it can be stated that it would be quite similar to what users in Malaysia has received. To jog up your memory about those changes, we have listed them below for your convenience. The update would be somewhere around 1300MB, so we recommend you to download it over Wi-Fi, but not over the mobile data.
Change-log of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Touchwiz provides enhanced usability and an updated visual design.
- Improved Security by enabling the protection through fingerprints. The users have to enter an alternative unlock method from Pattern, PIN, or Password before adding a fingerprint.
- Quick Connect has been updated, which helps you easily find and connect nearby devices, by showing currently connected and previous connections as well.
- To establish a secured connection with the nearby devices, a new feature named Quick Connect has been added which shows older connections as well as present connected devices.
- Advanced version of power saving mode will helps the users to extend the battery life by restricting the background data.
- Few changes to settings of email, theme and widgets.
Note if you haven’t received the update yet, then you can it manually. To do so, you have to head over to the Settings>About device>Download updates manually. Make sure you have more than 50% battery life on your handset, so that after downloading the file, the system can follow through updating procedure without any interference. Did you receive the Android 6.0 Marshmallow for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+? Let us know in the comments section below.