After the official rollout of the Android 7.0 Nougat for the eligible Nexus devices, more and more ROM builds for other devices have starting to show up. We saw that the Nexus 4 also got the taste of nougat for the first time. Check out the procedure to install Android 7.0 Nougat on LG Nexus 4. On the same lines, today we have yet another smartphone on the table. This is none other than the OnePlus One. However, this device may or may not receive the official update for the ROM. It is more likely that this device will not get the update as we saw the devices powered by Snapdragon 800 & 801 chipsets won’t be getting the update.
Well, developers have actually come up with a version of software that can run on the OnePlus one. This is the unofficial build of AOSP Nougat Kernel is based on CM13’s. Do make a note that this is just an initial version for the device and it may or may not work as intended. So if you are fine with all the bugs that it comes with, you can proceed further with the procedure.
Steps to install the ROM on your OnePlus One –
- Download the ROM Zip and keep it ready for the installation.
- Wipe your device completely. Note that, if you are planning to dirty flash this over an existing version, then you have to download the GApps as well and flash them according to the newer build.
- Now Flash the ROM Zip and any other mods if you are willing to do so. Don’t flash the GApps yet.
- Once done, boot into the ROM. You might encounter a lot of crashes at this point. Ignoring all that, find an access to any PC for the next step.
- Using ADB on your PC, disable the com.qti.dpmserviceapp package by running following commands:
- Once you enter this code, you should see your device and then enter this next code –
pm disable com.qti.dpmserviceapp
- At this point, if you get any errors, then you may have to root your device and gain root access.
- Now reboot into recovery and flash a compatible GApps package. Once done, boot into ROM.
- Go to Settings>Apps. Find Google Play Services and enable essential permission. Now you will not see any of Google Play Services.
- That’s it. This concludes the procedure for the installation.
Do make a note that this is just an early build for the device and there might be a lot of bugs. So it is not advised to install this on your primary device. Let us know if this worked for you and if you like the build. Stay tuned for more tutorials like this.