Honor has launched the entry-level Honor 4C smartphone as the downgraded version of Honor 4X. While the device was launched with EMUI 3.0 based Android 4.4 Kitkat out-of-the-box, it was recently upgraded to Android 5.1 Lolipop. Now this month, the device is finally upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This will be the second device from Honor to receive the Marshmallow update; the Honor 7 is the first device to receive the official Marshmallow update. Interestingly, the Honor 4X along with recently launched Honor 5X and Honor Holy 2 Plus are still running on Android 5.1 Lolipop.
Interestingly, the Honor 4X along with recently launched Honor 5X and Honor Holy 2 are still running on Android 5.1 Lolipop. While the users aren’t receiving the OTA update, the latest Marshmallow based source file can be downloaded from the company’s website and need to be installed manually. Below is the step-by-step guide for successfully updating the Honor 4C and Honor 7 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
How to update Honor 4C & Honor 7 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based EMUI 4.0
- While updating your device will not erase the data, but we recommended you to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding further.
- Download the source file for the respective device from the company’s official website by clicking on the below links.
- Now make sure that the downloaded file in placed in the ‘Download’ folder either in the device storage or the MicroSD card.
- Open the ‘Settings’ menu and scroll down until you find the ‘Updater’ tab.
- Tap on the ‘Updater’ and open the ‘Menu’ in the bottom of the screen.
- Now the pop-up will be shown with three options including the ‘Local Update.’
- Tap on the ‘Local Update’ and you can find the downloaded source file. If the downloaded file is placed in the wrong folder, then it shows an error saying ‘No Update Package Found.’
- Now tap on that downloaded file and a pop-up with two options ‘Backup’ and ‘Install’ will be shown.
- Since you might have already taken a backup, tap on the install option.
- The device will restart few times and after few minutes, your device will be successfully updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow based EMUI 4.0.
(if you are facing issues in updating your device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, let us know by comment down below or tweet us at @phoneradarblog)