Gionee has recently launched a budget device, i.e., the Gionee S Plus that comes powered by a MediaTek MT6753 processor clocked at 1.3GHz. The device comes with 3GB RAM and 16 GB as its internal storage. If you are using the device and feel like upgrading to the device with Android Marshmallow on it then always remember to Factory reset your device. Factory resetting your device will clear all the data on your device including the applications installed on your device. If you have no idea about the Factory reset, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps to factory reset your device. There are two ways in which you can factory reset your device, i.e., Soft Reset & Hard Reset.
In this method the Data is cleared as per the selection made by the user. Follow the below-mentioned steps to soft reset your device.
- Step 1: Open the settings and tap on Advanced settings in Others section at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2: In the new window, head over to the system section and tap on Backup & reset.
- Step 3: Now click on the Factory Data Reset option, i.e., available at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4: It will ask for a final confirmation. Now click on the red button with confirm restore at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5: If you have set password for your device then you need to enter the password to proceed further.
The device reboots and clears the complete data on your smartphone and boots as if you have booted the device for the first time.
It is an irreversible process because the data cannot be retrieved back once your device is formatted. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to Hard Reset your device.
- Step 1: If you are using the device then power off you device.
- Step 2: Now press the power button along with the volume up button to open the device in Recovery Mode.
- Step 3: Now use the volume keys to select the options and tap on Wipe Data/ Factory reset.
- Step 4: A confirmation is displayed on the screen. Now head over to the “yes-delete all user data” option and click on the power button.
The data on the device is wiped, and it will reboot as if you are booting the device for the first time.
Note: Always remember to create the backup to the data on your device as Factory reset is not a reversible process and hence data cannot be retrieved back on your device. And before you factory reset, make sure that your device is charged at least upto 30% as sometimes it may take while you reset your device.
If you have any queries related to the device then pass them in the PhoneRadar Forum, we will get back to you.