The last two days have been hectic and they are not for the Mobile World Congress but a news that’s on everyones timeline. It is about the Freedom 251 Smartphone that was launched at a price of below $4. Now the website is also taking up orders but almost no one is able to make an order and consumers are just waiting for the official answers. We have a few questions to the brand and have already emailed the PR Agency and the brand for the answers. We will keep you posted once we have an answer from them.
- Is the Phone actually subsidised by the govt? Based on the specifications, the Phone should cost at least Rs 1000 on a heavy volume order
- The website was registered a week back, while there’s no official mention about the product on their official website.
- The founders come with a background of agricultural business with almost no contacts or history in the Mobile Industry.
- The device is a rebranded Adcom Ikon 4 Smart Phone that is already listed on Flipkart & Amazon, while the Adcom brand mentions that they have no information on the same.
- Why was the Photo on the Newspaper different from the ones that were posted on the official website.
- Why was the phone not listed on any major E-commerce site like Flipkart or Amazon along with Paytm as a Payment processor. Instead of this, the slow cc avenue has been used that not working for most.
- The Phone has been launched under the Make in India program, but we have no information about the factory, manufacturing process nor information on where the Assembly Unit is.
- The Phone Icons are clearly resembling the Apple iPhone i.e. the ones we see on iOS, which is a copyright infringement. What is the agreement here?
- Why was the Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar not at the launch, though there was a huge amount of confidence built between the consumers on the news that he was going to join at the event.
- The device does not have any BIS Certifications, how do you guarantee the safety of the buyers in case of any major issues?
Do you have any questions about the #Freedom251 Smart Phone? We are sending the Top Questions to the brand.
Retweet & send the questions.
— Phone Radar (@phoneradarblog) February 18, 2016
If you know any of the answers, comment them below. If you also want to know the answers, please share this article on Twitter & Facebook.