When Smartwatches as a product are failing to attract much attention, manufacturers are now trying out new things to keep some engagement going on, in this domain. On the same line, we saw few of the manufacturers are getting on board the wearable game and launched smartwatches for kids. Yes, these products are more like a tracker which can be used to locate the kids’ location on the go. While this makes a lot of sense, however, as of now, it is nothing but huge question mark when it comes to sales in India.
With that being said, we now have yet another new product in this category from none other than Alcatel. Alcatel announced the launch of ‘MoveTime – Track & Talk’ kids’ Smart Watch, which allows kids to communicate with pre-approved contacts and incorporates GPS tracking. This smartwatch will be exclusively available from Flipkart for 4,799 INR. The ‘MoveTime’ children’s watch helps parents stay connected with their little ones while also giving them control over their children’s communication.
Talking about the specs and features of the watch, it is powered by Nucleus operating system and sports an OLED 0.95- inch single white color (96*64) display. Since it is targetted towards kids, it is not bulky and has the 40x40x15.8mm dimensions and weighs less than 40 grams. It has a 370mAh battery which looks quite promising from what the company is claiming. According to them, the battery has a standby time, lasting up to four days. The ‘MoveTime’ Smartwatch features an SOS button for panic situations where a distress signal is sent to parents. Also, the calls from strangers are rejected automatically.
The smartwatch is aimed at kids from age 5 to 11. The watch allows parents to call or send voice messages to their kids. Kids can reply to calls from up to 10 pre-set contacts and make calls to 5 registered numbers as the watch supports 2G network connectivity. The watch comes with an easy to use interface for kids; that makes it quite compelling to use. Parents can track their kids’ location on their smartphones with the help of dedicated iOS and Android app. Yes, it works on both iOS & Android. The parents will be notified on their phone when their children enter or leave a pre-determined safe zone.
Some of the most important features of the watch are –
- Voice message: Touch to enter the voice screen. When users create a voice message, the length of each recording is 15s. They can dialogue with some group members, or dialogue with their children alone.
- Safe zone: Touch to enter the Safe zone screen. In this function, user can set an area on the map as a safe area for your child. When their child leaves the security area, they will be notified. Pay attention that the timeliness of the notification will depend on the frequency of the location. The longer interval time for positioning that they set, the time to receive the notification will be relatively longer.
- Save power: Touch to enter the power screen. You can choose the location frequency according to the daily usage habit. Different positioning mode will affect the positioning accuracy and standby time. Choose the appropriate use mode according to the actual scene.
- Mute time: Touch Mute time to set the reminder function of your watch. You can set to mute or cancel the vibration according to the actual environment in use by your children. Pay attention that in the silent mode, children can recover the setting by adjusting the volume of the watch. But in the vibration mode, it needs to be recovered through application setting.
Upgrade: Touch Update to upgrade your watch and App. The status bar at the bottom will display the related downloading progress when upgrading. Be aware that the watch relies on the network when upgrading. It will use a certain amount of data.
- Member management: Touch Family numbers to open the member list and set the local emergency call number.